AFL

You heard it here first, folks

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sold it will change

2 Likes

And I think Seven would want the Grand Final on a Sunday night as well, when more people are at home (like Nine does with the NRL decider).

But that will take a back seat to getting it moved to Saturday twilight or night (for now anyway).

2 Likes

Is AFLW still free to attend?

1 Like

Adult tickets are now $10 (free for club members of the competing teams and kids under 18).

3 Likes

Well the 20,000 at Adelaide Oval is really impressive then.

4 Likes

More people attended the Showdown than the Season 6 AFLW Grand Final

3 Likes

Essendon today appointed former National Australia Bank boss Andrew Thorburn as its new CEO.

2 Likes

How do Carlton afford players like Curnow and Harry McKay. They are both on huge long term deals. I am assuming they are backended because they are also paying big dollars for Cripps, Cerra and Walsh and not to mention players like Weitering. I just canā€™t see how they are paying for them all.

Wellā€¦

1 Like

They pay them extras on the side giving family jobs at sponsors and board members companies

No they donā€™t :wink:

Well well wellā€¦ If a prelim loss is what you mean by troubling times, then Iā€™m all in! :wink:

#flagpies23

1 Like

Thorburn released a statement on his LinkedIn tonight.

ā€˜His Christian faith is not tolerated or permitted in the public placeā€™ā€¦?

Completely ignoring the abhorrent comments still published on his true love churches website.

Essendon dodged a bullet by the sounds of things.

1 Like

EFC still have questions to answerā€¦ I read they had no idea of his Chairmanship of the church, where on earth is the due diligence in the recruitment process?

As for these types, I have no time for their fundamentalist view of Christianity. JC himself would be appalled.

1 Like

I did ask the same question myself when the news broke.

1 Like

Yepā€¦

This ok AFLW 2022: Haneen Zreika to sit out GWS Giantsā€™ round four match over pride jumper

But the Bombers CEO having a conservative Christian faith isnā€™t

Kind of comparing apples and oranges thereā€¦

The CEO is one of the leaders of the club, their vision and beliefs (not just religious) shape the direction the club moves in and they also wield enormous power within the club- unlike a player. When you have players who are LGBTQI+ who are then in an environment where their boss also actively promotes an organisation which holds abhorrent views on the LGBTQI+ community that makes it untenable. Not to mention it marginalises the supporter groups such as the Purple Bombers and could potentially put at jeopardy some sponsorships