AFL

3 Likes

Melbourne suffered their first loss of the season, going down to Fremantle by 38 points at the MCG in the twilight match. After scoring inaccurately in the first half, the Dockers exploded in the second half, kicking 12 goals to one.

1 Like

About Time Too, Speaking of About Time, Do we Have enough talent to Fill Two Extra Teams if Tasmania & the Northern Territory Recieve AFL Licences?

2 Likes

West coast eagles have suffered 2 triple point defeats - Richmond (109 points) and tonight, Bulldogs by 101 points at Optus Stadium. The Eagles have been completely bad this season. I predict that West Coast Eagles will win this years wooden spoon.

3 Likes

See we do perform when we are on FTA

2 Likes

This shocked me, but also didn’t. 17 matches in a row is about enough before a loss. Just surprised Narrm didn’t turn up after half time.

1 Like

GWS player Bobby Hill will have surgery after being diagnosed with testicular cancer. He played in his team’s loss to Brisbane yesterday.

1 Like

Just heard this on the Sunday Footy Show, absolutely devastating news for Bobby. Hope he gets back to playing footy quickly.

Geelong 2008 reminds me of Melbourne 2022. Won a flag after a long drought, big regular season the following year. We all know how it ended.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

“Iconic”? :joy:

John Lloyd, father of former Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd and Carlton’s head of football Brad Lloyd, died from cancer on Wednesday at 77. John Lloyd played 29 matches for the Blues from 1965 to 1967.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/afl-legend-matt-lloyd-mourning-father-john-after-death-from-cancer/news-story/18db68c20622a20b83c1aa95ba2a2e26

1 Like

Are AFL sanctions tough enough? Some actions on the football field could lead the criminal convictions and even jail time if they occurred off the football field. I wonder if sanctions need to be tougher

1 Like

None of them care about $1000 fines. Why do they think that would stop anyone but a Category B Rookie?

1 Like

I just got a bit annoyed at the 2 week ban of Bailey Smith. He has a huge young following and is head butting others. I guarantee that behaviour gets copied in competitions over the weekend.

2 Likes

No I totally agree, he should have gotten more to be made an example of.

1 Like

I feel for the teenage girls that will miss him for two weeks….

1 Like

Zach Tuohy got away with his headbutt too - at least be consistent

2 Likes

I didn’t see that to be honest. I personally don’t think it’s acceptable to tolerate any violence on the sports field. If certain acts could led to convictions off the field then it’s should be punished accordingly on the field. I would like to see harsher bans of 1 year without pay introduced for certain acts (Andrew Gaff for example)

I feel there might be more boys missing him than teenage girls…