AFL

Picked the winner and margin

1 Like

so bev (the coach, not from the bev show) is going off at tom morris from fox, how’s that for R1

2 Likes

You wouldn’t want one the greatest coaches of all time to coach your club?

I love Ken Hinkley. I think he has done amazing things to port Adelaide. But if Alastair Clarkson is available I want him.

Did Maulthouse win Carlton a flag? What about Pagan? How did Blight go at St Kilda?

Why would I think it is fair for Dew who has strong relationships with the players and has done all the hard work to get the flick with Clarkson getting all the glory for cherry picking the hard work by those before him? I’m not the only one with this thought too…

1 Like

But you could also argue the other way- Matthews had success at Brisbane, Blight at Adelaide, that Roos laid the foundation at Melbourne, Ross Lyon took Freo to a GF

1 Like

I guess they weren’t as successful at their previous club though. I can see where he is coming from

1 Like

So, if he’s done all the hard work, forming relationships, why haven’t they found success?

How long are you going to give him until you would say enough is enough?

2 Likes

He will get a 2-3 year contract extension

1 Like

That would be madness. If he did there is something seriously wrong with the management of the Gold Coast suns.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I have said it before but I will say it again. Patrick Cripps is the most over rated player. He disposal is shocking. A captain should not be that untidy.

1 Like

I had him in SuperCoach but took him out. Not worth the risk at all

1 Like

I may have spoken too soon. He has kicked two goals. But he has also had two big turn overs that resulted in scores (one being a goal).

1 Like

Blues have surprised me tonight. Richmond has been my let down. Thought they’ll rebound and finish top 4 in my preseason ladder plus a deep September run

It’s only round 1

So you’re saying he will get success with the team in the next 3 years?

Let’s hope you’re right or Sarah Cumming will have to get back to tv

Michael Voss has tested positive to COVID, the day after he had his first win as Carlton coach. He will miss the Blues’ match against the Bulldogs next Thursday night.
Blues player Jack Martin and two football department staff have also tested positive to the virus.

1 Like

I’ve been hearing a bit of media chatter across various platforms that Swans supporters might run onto the ground when Buddy kicks his 1000th goal. I’m not a Swans supporter, but wouldn’t it be great to see thousands of people pile onto the ground. (Good luck fining all of them, lol).

3 Likes

I think that’s the point.

I don’t normally like people running onto the ground and delaying the game but in these circumstances I’d hope common sense prevails and they let it happen.

Bringing back memories of the Tony Lockett 1300th goal when all the fans ran on the field. I hope it happens tomorrow for Buddy’s 1000th goal too.

1 Like