AFL

I wouldn’t either, I reckon He’s more of a Cats man myself.

Anyhow, I never expected the Bulldogs to be able to back up what happened last year this year. Last year was all about the belief and having the nation behind them, if your team was out, you were after the fairytale finish for them, so momentum plus belief plus the support level they had from everywhere was what got them through and now this year it didn’t exist.

Richmond may be able to capture that magic again this year or Melbourne if they make it (I can’t remember if their spot is secured) and Sydney may get a little taste of it, even though they don’t need it, after being 0 and 6 at the beginning of the year and then blitzing every team since with the exception of Hawthorn.

I think Hawthorn have been the biggest disappointment this year, when they fell out, they really fell out. Collingwood pretty disappointing too and I certainly can’t see that changing while Bucks is still there. That whole debacle was a failure from the start. Maybe Mick might go back?

No would have to disagree with you on that. Ever since the bye the Hawks have won against Adelaide away, been the only team to beat Sydney (twice) since round 7, drew against GWS and almost beat Geelong.

Also, we’ve basically half of our defense injured (Gibbo, Frawley, Stratton, Birchall all premiership players) for the majority of the year as well as Cyril and Ceglar missing in action. Young guys gave really stepped up and I really believe we can make a charge for the finals next year.

2 Likes

Devestated by the passing of sports broadcasting legend Drew Morphett :cry:

Retired from ABC Grandstand last year.

Worked at Seven Sport for years.

Born in Sydney, passed away at his Melbourne home overnight (apparently whilst watching the footy… How fitting).

5 Likes

Oh crap. Hadn’t heard. Devastating. Remember him from my childhood hearing him.

1 Like

ABC Radio Grandstand doing a tribute now.

2 Likes

And add another 2 more to the retiring class of 2017 with dual premiership stars Tom Lonergan and Andrew Mackie just announcing their retirement at the end of tonight’s Geelong vs GWS game.

2 Likes

The top two is set. Adelaide are minor premiers and Geelong comes second on the ladder.

1 Like

I would be filthy if I was a Geelog supporter. Possoonly having to play Richmond at the MCG. They should have the right to play at their home ground.

The official rules actually state teams have a right to play in their home state not home ground.

I reckon if they play GWS in 2 weeks it will be at Simonds Stadium but if they play Richmond, it will definitely be at the MCG.

2 Likes

Yeah I know that but I think it is slightly unfair.

1 Like

WHAT A FINISH to the H/A season. West Coast make the top 8 by just 0.5% knocking the Demons out in the last game at Subiaco Oval.

2 Likes

Poor Melbourne. How did they lose to Collingwood? They will be filthy with themselves.

1 Like

After today’s result you can see why Mark Williams suggested playing all games in the last round at the same time. West Coast had a slight advantage and motivation they could make it. I think the ladder would be different if everyone played on the same day at the same time.

2 Likes

Wow @Turdall that was a pretty good prediction except for the Bulldogs one!

5 Likes

What a day of footy :cold_sweat:

My Bombers just got over the line, we’ll have no chance at beating Sydney if we continue like that.

Heartbroken for Melbourne, would’ve been their first appearance in a decade.

West Coast, they just always find a way!

Great for the national competition.

What a stunning year :rugby_football:

1 Like

Such a crazy year, do feel sorry for Melbourne but well done to Richmond for making it to the second week of finals!

Although great to see Cats in 2nd spot, didn’t realise it was 8 out of 11 years in top 2 for them. That’s a great run! Go Cats!

4 Likes

Media will be non-stop about the Geelong vs. Richmond final.

Chance of an anti-climax (personally wouldn’t be surprised if Cats win, purely out of anger for not getting Simonds Stadium final) :thinking:

I reckon Cats will win but that’s just because Richmond seem to not like September. Sydney definitely for the GF for me, but not sure who against, could be Adelaide, could be Cats or could be GWS.

1 Like

Agree with all of that.

They’ve only ever had one final there at Simonds in the whole history of the AFL.

1 Like