AFL

Because the review hasn’t happened yet. Didn’t think it was that hard really…
Brad Scott would be an awful fit, he’s an awful coach.

Nine News in Adelaide broke into programming to broadcast Don Pyke’s media conference regarding his resignation. Kate Collins presenting the newsbreak.

Prior to going to the media conference, Tom Rehn gave a small package.

The internal review has begun hasn’t it?

And I don’t agree re Brad Scott being an awful coach. He successfully led north to two prelims.

The so called internal review is merely one aspect of the external review. Hasn’t been completed, so recommendations haven’t been put forward to the club yet, so I’m not sure how Don Pyke resigning has anything at all to do with it.
Brad is an awful coach, regardless of whatever it is suggested he ‘achieved’ as coach. Two Prelim finals where they were made to look foolish, inept and second rate. And they were both years ago- I’d argue the game has moved on in that time.

I can tell you how it would have to do with it:

Questions in a survey
Interviews with the coach, leadership and players
These are just a few things that Would have suggested to pyke who the club thought was to blame.

Would be foolish if you didn’t think it was about the review.

As for Brad Scott I completely disagree with your points. But we are allowed to disagree.

And how did they go?

Both Scott brothers have had their time. Chris’ ego will collapse in on itself this weekend.

At least they are playing finals. As a supporter of a team outside the 8 I would love the opportunity to have a coach that gets you there most years.

Would be foolish to believe everything you read in the media too but you are, so there you go.

Guess we will find out when we find out if he gets a payout. If he resigns he isn’t entitled to it. If he was moved on he is.

3 Likes

Who else is gonna join him on the sidelines. It has certainly boosted Geelong’s chances of winning tomorrow.

1 Like

Jack Petrucelle will fly to Melbourne to play against Geelong

2 Likes

Garry Lyon and Jason Dunstall paid an emotional tribute to Danny Frawley on AFL 360 tonight.

The first seven minutes of The Front Bar tonight was also about Frawley.

3 Likes

Well it’s been a very sad week for AFL with the sudden death of former St Kilda player and Richmond coach, Danny Frawley. There are times the media had to report events we wish that would never happen. We miss you spud. Our hearts go out to Anita and her children.

1 Like

West Coast’s premiership defence is over, losing to Geelong by 20 points in tonight’s semi final at the MCG. After losing to Collingwood last week, Geelong rectified their game and dominated early. They led by more than 30 points during the second quarter before the Eagles fought back and took a four point lead at three quarter time. The Cats then kicked four goals to none in the final term to seal victory.
It’s the second time in a row Geelong beat West Coast in the finals (after the Eagles won the first four clashes, including the 1992 and 1994 grand finals). The minor premiers will play Richmond in next Friday’s preliminary final.

4 Likes

Richmond v Geelong. On a scale from 1 to 10 of how excited I am. It will be a 4.
I cannot stand Geelong. Several players duck and dive to earn free kicks, especially Joel Selwood, Dangerfield.
The teams I can’t stand. From least favourite to not as hated:
Collingwood (2012 SF, Supporters are awful, a petition to reverse last year’s GF result)
Geelong (2011 PF, 2019 SF)
Hawthorn (2015 GF) - a distant 3rd
Adelaide
Richmond

1 Like

I am sensing a Collingwood v Richmond Grand Final.

That would be HUGE in Melbourne …

That didn’t quite happen.

2 Likes

I watched the final quarter of the match. Eagles failed to fire in the final quarter after leading by 4 points. Chris Scott, Geelong coach went bananas as they celebrated the win. However I cannot stand Chris Scott and Geelong Cats. Chris Scott’s ego is big and Geelong Cats (where they thrashed West Coast in 2008 season, 2011 PF, 2019 season). Geelong Cats team earn more free kicks.

1 Like

25-17 in WCE favour including a run of 10 in a row starting in the 2nd Q and finishing in the 3rd.