AFL Coverage

https://www.sportsradio.com.au/live-sport-on-msr/
This updates itself, it’s MSR’s live sport offerings.

Assuming they have the rights to cover those games the only rounds where it could be a problem would be Rounds 4, 9, 21 and 23. Round 4 they could use people from the Essendon vs Brisbane game (2:10 start) for the night game between North Melbourne and Adelaide, similarly in R9 (Collingwood vs St.Kilda 1:45 → Essendon vs Fremantle 7:25), and I’m fairly sure they won’t have the rights to cover both of the Saturday night games in Round 21 (Essendon vs Dogs, Geelong vs North). Round 23 is to be determined.

I remember the old days of having to listen to Swans games on Radio 2.

1 Like

Jaime Bradley provided special comments for ABC’s coverage of AFLW clash between North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs at Launceston last night. Jaime was a premiership player-coach for Burnie Dockers in Tasmanian Women’s League in 2016, and married teammate Britt Gibson (who went on to play for Brisbane Lions before joining the Kangaroos in off season in 2018) in November 2018.

Nick Riewoldt has joined Crocmedia, will be calling Aussie Rules for AFL Nation. Interesting career move personally for Nick, my assumption is he is replacing Danny Frawley on Friday nights.

Yeah, he was Triple M last year but he didn’t do much for them (perhaps due to his Fox Footy commitments) so it’s interesting he’s going to be doing more radio this year

Crocmedia and SEN’s coverage of 2019 AFL season began tonight with the pre-season match between Carlton and Essendon at Ikon Park. AFL Nation and SEN will broadcasts every JLT Community Series match live, with selected matches also covered by 3AW, FiveAA, 6PR and Triple M.

2 Likes

Strange that no regional SA stations are taking Crocmedias call of the JLT Showdown. FiveAA has their own coverage though

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/football-fiveaa/fiveaa-afl-broadcast-schedule

Any reason why 5AA doesn’t relay their calls to SEN/AFL nation?

Aren’t they still tied up with 3AW/6PR for AFL coverage?

RoCo rejoining 3AW’s AFL coverage. Doing pregame and boundary on Saturday nights as well as some Thu/Sun work. Good get for 3AW, I guess not doing any games last year for the randomness that is AFL Nation helped make the decision for him. Looking forward to hearing him.

1 Like

Before SEN SA came along they were using SEN coverage for games not involving SA teams, not sure about now

I believe their rights are that they cover Adelaide and Port games themselves (I’m not sure if it’s only home games or both home and away) and the rest is provided by Crocmedia.

2 Likes

I remember there being a discussion about Sam Hargreaves a while back (now can’t find it). Find it interesting that he has popped up with Crocmedia this weekend.

AFL Nation coverage for JLT Community Series 2019 week 2

1 Like

Further on this, Hargreaves has moved to Melb and is now Jack Heverin’s producer for his show- The Sporting Capital - on SEN Mon to Thu on top of his AFL Nation calling duties.

I wonder what games he’ll cover. Mostly Melb games?

Melbourne’s Joy FM will broadcast Sunday’s AFLW clash between Western Bulldogs and Carlton - the second annual Pride Game - from Whitten Oval.

The match will also be broadcast on ABC Grandstand Digital and online (ABC Radio Melbourne is covering game 4 of NBL Grand Final Series between Melbourne United and Perth Wildcats which overlaps with first half of AFLW).

Round 1 commentary line ups
AFL Nation
Few new names (Mitch Cleary, Michael Barlow, Nigel Carmody, John Casey as well as Sam Hargreaves)
http://aflnation.com.au/radio/

3AW
https://www.3aw.com.au/3aw-football-broadcast-schedule-live-radio-commentary-of-the-afl-including-matthew-lloyd-caroline-wilson-and-tim-lane/

Triple M

SEN+ will broadcast both of this weekend’s AFL preliminary finals, while ABC will broadcast Sunday’s AFLW preliminary final between Adelaide and Geelong.

EDIT: ABC’s commentary team for the season opener, with Joel Peterson relocating to Adelaide: