AFL Coverage

fairfax
sca
abc
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f42d4df63a8> #<Tag:0x00007f42d4df6150> #<Tag:0x00007f42d4df5ef8>

https://www.sportsradio.com.au/live-sport-on-msr/
This updates itself, it’s MSR’s live sport offerings.

Assuming they have the rights to cover those games the only rounds where it could be a problem would be Rounds 4, 9, 21 and 23. Round 4 they could use people from the Essendon vs Brisbane game (2:10 start) for the night game between North Melbourne and Adelaide, similarly in R9 (Collingwood vs St.Kilda 1:45 -> Essendon vs Fremantle 7:25), and I’m fairly sure they won’t have the rights to cover both of the Saturday night games in Round 21 (Essendon vs Dogs, Geelong vs North). Round 23 is to be determined.

I remember the old days of having to listen to Swans games on Radio 2.

Jaime Bradley provided special comments for ABC’s coverage of AFLW clash between North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs at Launceston last night. Jaime was a premiership player-coach for Burnie Dockers in Tasmanian Women’s League in 2016, and married teammate Britt Gibson (who went on to play for Brisbane Lions before joining the Kangaroos in off season in 2018) in November 2018.

Nick Riewoldt has joined Crocmedia, will be calling Aussie Rules for AFL Nation. Interesting career move personally for Nick, my assumption is he is replacing Danny Frawley on Friday nights.

Pacific Star Network

Yeah, he was Triple M last year but he didn’t do much for them (perhaps due to his Fox Footy commitments) so it’s interesting he’s going to be doing more radio this year