AFL Coverage

He could walk himself or he might have a car park pass. When it’s common knowledge the car park is closed traffic is normally pretty good around the G.

AFL Nation commentary line-up for Round 6:

I’ve finally had enough of listening to MMM on Friday nights, being self absorbent flogs. They spent the first half hour basically talking about themselves and carrying on about someone being unhappy in another commentary box which is the type of trash Kyle and Jackie O would struggle to get away with. Switched over to 3AW because of it, they may be a little less exciting but at least they seem to be talking footy rather than talking self absorption.

Have to agree. While Dwayne Russell and Bruce Eva may be less exciting than the MMM guys, at least they stick to the match. Same thing with Alister Nicolson and Kelli Underwood on the ABC

Anyone know why Triple M Shepparton breaks away from taking the Triple M feed to take Crocmedia’s AFL Nation on Saturday nights? Was this part of the rights deal negotiated?

It’s listed on the AFL Nation schedule and I can confirm that tonight 95.3 did indeed cut away from the Triple M feed at 7:22pm and started taking the AFL Nation feed from 7:23pm after a brief 60-second music interlude.

105.7 in Albury retained the Triple M feed while 95.3 is now airing the same feed as 1494 2AY in Albury.

That’s odd - I know Crocmedia has regional exclusivity but that excludes SCA stations so not sure why a Triple M regional station would carry AFL Nation’s coverage

From what i read on twitter, Joel Peterson called the North Melbourne-Port Adelaide match today.

Oh right, I think their main game was Geelong v Sydney. He’s been doing the last few weeks pbp.

The regional WA stations also take the Crocmedia call, but no idea why Goulburn Valley did.

What call did 93.5 Bendigo take?

The North Melbourne-Port Adelaide match was broadcast back into South Australia only. Victoria got Geelong v Sydney.

I meant to say that Joel Peterson called the North Melbourne-Port Adelaide match for South Australia listeners only, while Matt Clinch was doing the Geelong-Sydney match. Michael Maney was at the North Melbourne-Port Adelaide match too.

Does ABC have a set A or B teams or does it depend on the match? Like for example does Matt Clinch always do the bigger Melbourne match, and then if the other match in Melbourne is a interstate team visiting, they use of the interstate guys to do the call?

It does depend on the match. But you are right, ABC Melbourne has two teams calling two matches at the same time.

AFL Nation commentary line-up for Round 7:

I’d be interested in who covers the China match in a few weeks. Last year, 3AW took the 5AA call, since they were at the match. I wonder if that will be the case again, or will just SEN cover it?

ABC covers the 3.20pm game in full online, then picks it up on radio once the 1.10pm match is done. SEN covers the 1.10 and 4.40pm matches fully.

It’s a 3:15pm eastern kickoff so suspect it’s just SEN who’ll be covering the game

Wow, quoting from 12 months ago!

I know last week, ABC covered 1.10 in full before crossing to the MCG around 1/4 time.

Source: Melbourne supporter who listens to the wireless at the game, prefers ABC.

ABC covered all 9 games last weekend…

ABC seems to cover all 9 matches more often these days don’t they?