AFL Coverage

AFL Nation’s commentator line-up for round 2. It is not covering West Coast v St Kilda on Saturday nor Melbourne v Carlton on Sunday. Also note the two broadcast teams for Giants v Suns on Saturday (assuming one for NSW and one for other regions):

Neither of the teams going to GWS vs Gold Coast are going to the right ground according to that info (if indeed the Foenander/Dal Santo team are going anywhere outside of a studio in Melbourne). That game’s in Canberra not Sydney.

Is Adam White commentating any where in 2017.

Messed that one up, although I reckon the Suns team actually believed me the way they played!

AFL Nation’s commentary line-up for round 3.

AFL Nation’s commentary line-up for round 4. This table is the best format.

Crocmedia has also announced that Adelaide AFLW premiership player Abbey Holmes will be joining AFL Nation commentary team from this weekend. She has been boundary reporter for Seven’s VFL coverage in the past two years.

Melbourne AFLW star Daisy Pearce has become Triple M’s first female commentator, calling tonight’s Carlton-Gold Coast clash alongside Chris Judd, Nathan Brown and Paul Roos. However the match was only heard on FM radio in Brisbane.

I thought that Barry Denner was supposed to call that game

According to Radio Today, Daisy will return this Sunday to call Hawthorn v West Coast for Triple M Melbourne and Perth.

1 Like

What did you think of Daisly Pearce calling the Carlton-Gold Coast clash ?

She only did special comments and was quite good. Did she do some ABC games last season?

Why is it that Crocmedia has two teams doing the same game sometimes?

AFL Nation commentary line-up for Round 5. Again there are two teams for the same game (this time it is Swans v Giants)

Think Sydney gets a tailored call which has a Swans/Giants focus

Would it make more sense to have the Sydney crew call the game 5AA or would they want a more "neutral"
call?

It’s a wonder why they never refer to 2SM Sydney in any of the above listings. Only as “regional”.

Heard Michael Price calling Gold Coast v Adelaide on ABC Radio for the first time. The only thing I can find on the net about him was that he last worked for 4BC and has been a broadcaster / commentator for the past 20 years.

He’s done A League for ABC before. Wasn’t keen on him today, long way to match the versatile Quentin Hull.

Michael Price called a few AFL games for the ABC last season in Queensland. Since Corbin Middlemas relocated to Sydney Michael Price is commentating AFL games in Queensland on a Freelance Basis.

I heard that Paul Roos doing some commentary for Triple M between Geelong and St Kilda.