AFL broadcast rights 2025-2031

that is a shame if true about Paramount & 10. Hopefully Caroline Wilson is wrong about it.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind 9/stan getting it if 10/Paramount+ don’t get it.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:t3:

Also I noticed this on Footy Classified too:

3 Likes

This was just posted by Josh Jenkins; now if this post is anything like his 2017 GF performance, take it with a pinch of salt!

However if true, the AFL have to be one of the most untrustworthy organisations in Australia, the leaking they do is a joke and non-professional from any sense of the imagination.

*the time on the post is GMT not Australian standard time. This was posted 18mins ago on Twitter.

5 Likes

Done deal. 7 years

9 Likes

As always predicted… there we go people. Deal done and locked in.

7 Likes

Disappointing. But at least this means Tennis will probably stay on Nine :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

According to the article an announcement is expected this afternoon

Not overly surprised with it staying on 7 & Foxtel. Would have been fascinating to see another broadcaster get it though.

7 Likes

And possibly cricket again.

Probably. Or something might jump straight out and catch everyone out by surprise (Ala Cricket and Tennis on Nine).

Whilst it doesn’t come as a surprise, it’s still disappointing to see Saturdays locked away behind Fox. At least Seven’s got streaming rights which is a plus, but everything else staying status quo is boring.

2 Likes

So much for 10 and Paramount… clearly they weren’t prepared to throw a shit load of money $$$ at this. What a waste of time from them and it clearly shows that 10s USA owners don’t understand the market they’re playing in.

7 Likes

With the sheer amount of speculation and rumours around this I’d wait until any official announcement to be 100% sure.

1 Like

Could have been a real solution to rebuilding the network. But the fact this hasn’t happened confirms Paramount don’t want to invest in 10.

They will never bounce back now

9 Likes

You’d be forgiven if Paramount didn’t really care about 10 these days anymore and prefer to look after their cousins in Channel 5 and CBS etc.

Channel 10 is almost like the ugly stepchild of the family that everyone hates.

2 Likes

Good news that fans are able to stream the coverage on 7+ app. However there won’t be any AFL on Saturdays.

2 Likes

WAFL/VFL/SANFL doubleheader on Saturdays could be a thing which is a silver lining. One game in the afternoon the other in prime time.

Good for state leagues as well

5 Likes

Feeling big time for Jim Nantz and Tony Romo. I know how much this deal meant to them :cry::cry:

18 Likes

Superficially looks like the status quo but will have to wait until the details come in to see what change it might mean to the TV landscape.

1 Like

Had to google who they were