ACE Radio (Regional)

Ironically, the 1260 site, old 3SR probably receives better care than surrounding AM sites.

2 Likes

3NE are swapping out the syndicated The Morning Rush in breakfast for 2AY’s Kylie & Kev from January 11.

1 Like

They are really trying hard with distinguishing the two stations…

2 Likes

Normally this would make a bit more sense, but with both stations being easily receivable in each others territory, you would actually think the Morning Rush would offer some alternative? But I suppose there is always 2QN as well.

1 Like

2AY’s O&M coverage was simulcast on 3NE way before ACE owned them. I wonder if that’s why they didn’t bother.

1 Like

Edge FM Deniliquin are now broadcasting on 92.5 in Echuca/Moama. This frequency is for the Moama HPON service which is also owned by ACE Radio. How are they allowed to do this?

I can understand why they want to. Even in the car the 102.5 signal dipped in and out around Echuca so I imagine the in building reception is poor. Much worse than the Bendigo and Shepparton commercials. Given that I’m surprised the FM service has had a focus on Echuca for so long - clearly they think there’s a lot more money to be made from a poor Echuca station than a good Deniliquin station.

2 Likes

I had no problem receiving 102.5 from Deniliquin in Echuca. Both indoors and in the car. Edge has a pretty impressive tower about 10km south of Deniliquin. And it runs at 50kW ERP. So I don’t see the need for a Moama translator.

Another mystery is the 2QN simulcast in Deniliquin on FM using the local HPON frequency. It’s never acknowledged on air. Sounds pretty awful too. Overly processed audio etc. Not sure how they can use that licence either!

3 Likes

Is that the old KIX Country frequency?

1 Like

Moama is not currently listed on the KIX Country coverage map & list.
Was KIX Country on air from there in the past at any time?
If I recall from yonks ago there was a Tourist station on that frequency.

I did a ACMA search on the TX for 92.5 Moama.
Results put the antenna out in the middle of a paddock 14kms north of Moama - obviously inaccurate…

2 Likes

Sorry mate, I was talking about the Deni KIX Country frequency.

1 Like

Oh yes my error sorry (I’ll correct my message)
Yes 106.1 Deniliquin did have KIX Country on in the past.

1 Like

I don’t believe any of the HPON transmitters around the ACE Deniliquin coverage area are relaying the KIX country music program any longer.

Suspect something happened to that relationship with Grants, owners of Hot Country program when ACE purchased Rich Rivers Radio Deniliquin & Wangaratta radio stations.
Before KIX Country these HPON licences carried ‘Country Radio’ which was just a harddisk PC program at each site.

2 Likes

I knew KIX country was popular in Deni. Maybe KIX was getting more listeners then both 2QN and Edge FM and ACE decided to pull KIX Country off air.

2 Likes

I must admit I’m a big fan of Triple M Country.

1 Like

I am not a big fan of country music but going by a few of my mate who are, really like Triple M Country :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Karen Prater doing afternoons on 2QN & Smooth FM all at the same time. Some serious voice tracking going on there.

6 Likes

Probably working from home too. What a gig on multiple networks too.

6 Likes
1 Like

Mat Cummins is re-assuming total control of all 18 ACE stations whilst remaining Gippsland General Manager of TRFM/Gold1242.

Does Ace always have this recorded message on their streams while the AFL coverage is on AM and FM? I wonder why they don’t have an automated music program on the stream for listeners who aren’t interested in the AFL but still want to listen to their local station.

1 Like