ABC TV On-Air Presentation

… it’s for the Americans …

It appears odd at start with, but look at this

It totally makes sense when all the channel brands are displayed. It’s the watermark that is awful, it shouldn’t be stacked, TV doesn’t need to be that big. Put a TV next to the ()()() like a ™ symbol or underneath small like HD was.

The channel mixes are wrong though, ABC ME should air as a daytime block on ABCTVPlus, and ABC Kids should be its own channel.

4 Likes

ABC Kids is for preschoolers and young children. Makes no sense to give them a whole channel when they’re in bed by 7pm

3 Likes

and yet now I feel that it was a terrible decision for ABC to abandon this naming system, the thing is I know I am watching ABC on TV, I don’t need that shoved down my throat as the name, honestly what’s next for ABC’s branding system? ABC Internet Education? it makes no sense.

3 Likes

Better than it switching to adult stuff.

1 Like

I really don’t think this is a problem for most people.

But as discussed previously and elsewhere, there’s an audience out there in the afternoon for both preschoolers/younger children on ABC Kids and teens/older children on ABC ME.

ABC1 was used between 2008-14 alongside ABC2 akin to BBC1 and BBC2 before reverting to the former name in July 2014

I still call it News 24 hahahah

2 Likes

I wish my kids were in bed that early! Thank god for iview we can keep watching beyond 7:30!

So do I, differentiating the main channel news bulletins from the 24 channel.

Yep! Me too

The “TV” in the ABC TV logo needs to be the same size as it is in “TV PLUS” and sit underneath. This would also allow “TV HD” to fit neatly under the logo too.

As far as I’m concern the new package looks good.

Next/Plus lineup:

3 Likes

I disagree, terrible branding, I can’t imagine recommending someone watch a show on “ABC TV Plus”, I think people will continue to say ABC2 by habit.

:face_vomiting: that’s ugly AF. In-house ABC design ruining it for everyone again.

3 Likes

:laughing: How is it “ruining it for everyone again”?

2 Likes

It’s a common phrase mate.

When it makes sense in context.

4 Likes

Reverted to the ABC NewsRadio name almost immediately after the rebrand.

On the contrary, ABC Classic has dropped the “FM” from its name, and Local Radio in the regions are branded as ABC [Region].

2 Likes