#Rate the ABC News relaunch

• 0/5
  • 1/5
  • 2/5
  • 3/5
  • 4/5
  • 5/5

0 voters

I find it hilarious that some are getting a bit annoyed about being unable to clearly see the date… it’s 7pm, what exactly have you been doing to not take note of the date earlier?

6 Likes

It’s the same for the Victorian bulletin.

1 Like

So far the only thing that is annoying me is the new theme tune… Finally heard it when I got home and tuned into ABC News. Yeah… So far i’m not impressed with it. Hopefulyl it will take a getting used to though, but yeah that’s the only thing that I don’t like.

Everything else is good though - would hope the ticker will be back tomorrow though.

Finance:

2 Likes

That commenter seems to forget that the “tiny twisty mess” (a little something known as the ABC logo) was also part of the ABC News logo yesterday as well…

6 Likes

Guys, we’re forgetting that Facebook is where every man and his dog is an expert on something. Heck I’d categorise myself as a “music expert” of course Delusionally .

2 Likes

I hope we export you too

Edit: oi

2 Likes

5:26 and already sunken a few too many exports, me thinks.

2 Likes

Some of the sliders from Queensland

Opener

A bit later

3 Likes

Uh oh, the Queensland weather map has less locations than previous. ABC’s Facebook staff would be best advised to prepare for possible death threats from angry regional viewers…

Edit: nvm, changes only in effect for today’s weather. Tomorrow forecast has the same amount of locations as previous.

3 Likes

Swirly thing News Exclusive

Coming Up

3 Likes

The new Opener style is an OK improvement for the 7pm bulletin, but I think it could’ve benefited from having local/state imagery in the titles (because it is a local/state bulletin - can’t we have at least something to distinguish it from the national versions?) and perhaps a meatier, punchier version of the theme music.

Don’t get me wrong, the updated news theme isn’t that bad but I don’t really get the same feeling of “This is the 7 O’Clock news on the ABC: Pay attention because it’s starting now!” that I did with the Openers of ABC News NSW in the past.

And I’d be willing to predict that people will complain about the weather graphics being too small/hard to read within an hour! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Canberra weather graphics awful, particularly the sunrise/sunset times and 7 day forecast which has been crammed into the top left hand quarter of the screen… Woeful…

Also using the old theme tune in their closer? What a mess!!! I’m so disappointed in my ABC!

1 Like

So which is it, Newsking?

2 Likes

Some other graphics for tonight’s reports

The first two done like a Prezi Presentation

Later

4 Likes

NSW Weather:

4 Likes

Not sure what you are getting at? But I was pointing out the inconsistency in their bulletin, where they’ve used the new butchered version in their opener, then the previous them in their closer…

The music in Queensland was updated I believe, and nevertheless was barely audible over the presenter. Who cares?

Camera looks like its on the piss