ABC News (Radio)

Sandy Aloisi had been in radio for over 40 years, so is it possible that she’s decided to retire?

1 Like

When ABC News 24 became the ABC News Channel, ABC NewsRadio was relaunched as ABC News on Radio. On air, the station was simply ABC News - no mention of ‘on radio’ except when differentiating itself from the (TV) news channel IIRC.

From memory, this only lasted a few months before the NewsRadio branding returned.

5 Likes

Interesting to note that newsradio now has local bulletins 24 hours a day - previously they stopped at midnight AEST and came back at 5:30am when they cut to the BBC world service. now there is a bulletins on the hour, every hour (from what i can tell) than the BBC resumes.

5 Likes

Probably pre recorded bulletins.

Or maybe the straight broadcast of news bulletins from ABC Local Radio?

1 Like

With DRM30 ABC News can be heard 100% Loud and Clear along with Classics, Triple J, Radio National and the SBS Radio Stations that many Australians Can’t Recieve in Traditional Analogue Radio, but can on Digital TV.

Daniel Garb presented sport in the studio this morning. Last week he presented morning sport via Zoom, in a Q&A format with the studio presenter.

2 Likes

The station is broadcasting tonight’s A-League grand final between Melbourne City and Western United from AAMI Park. Ned Hall and Melissa Barbieri are the commentators.

1 Like

The PM is currently giving a press conference about Morrison appointing himself to multiple ministries and news radio is still playing The World Today… this press conference should be live on newsradio

2 Likes

ABC News radio

3 Likes

Hi! Just wondering does ABC News Radio have any kind of schedule?

1 Like

ABC News Radio hasn’t published a broadcast schedule for a decade. The following is from a third party website.
What is certain is that the station simulcasts Insiders and Q+A as they are being shown on ABC TV in Sydney and Melbourne.

2 Likes

That’s pretty close to how it had been in recent years - although the rolling news tends to be in more medium-to-long form format as they now take the ABC national bulletins rather than do the 30-minute news wheel they used to do. (Same cuts, I believe, that got rid of the 7.45am bulletin elsewhere.)

“Broadcast partners” is mostly the BBC World Service (probably almost exclusively by now, as a lot of their other former partners no longer broadcast on radio, Radio Netherlands Worldwide comes to mind in particular), although some of the mid-evening schedule was also taken up by Radio Australia programs like Pacific Beat - not sure if that’s still the case now.

1 Like

theres still some deutsche welle in there but i couldn’t tell you when

2 Likes

News Radio seems to be having issues this morning.

Simulcasting Radio Sydney.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Now simulcasting News Breakfast.

Must be a major fault.

2 Likes

I wondered why I was hearing BBC NewsHour after 0600. I thought it was just budget cuts, though…

1 Like

Broadcast resumed at around 8:35. However, it’s broken again and we’re now getting a simulcast of the TV News Channel

3 Likes

ABC news TV stating that radio is going back to radio content at noon (AEST)

2 Likes