ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Nate Byrne presenting weather in Victoria tonight. He immediately had a false start, saying “good morning” before trying to correct: “good morning… this morning…”

5 Likes

Here is that blooper from Nate.

5 Likes

Friday -
Guy Stayner is presenting in Victoria.

Peter Gee’s final bulletin tonight in Tas and they have it live on News 24 as well. He did a special welcome for the final time to Tas and to those watching on 24.

4 Likes

03/08/2018

Peter began the bulletin with “For the final time, welcome to ABC News, I’m Peter Gee.”

Also, NSW is getting the Canberra bulletin again!

5 Likes

Angela Ross bidding farewell

6 Likes

Nate Byrne presenting weather again in Victoria tonight.

1 Like

A good tribute there with old ABC News intros, well wishes from Tim Lane, Chris Scott and Will Hodgman and others and a lot of old photos and ABC logos particularly sport.

4 Likes

Full set of caps

11 Likes

Even stranger… a full ACT/NSW weather report from Sydney.

5 Likes

They should get Creed to do the Canberra weather each night. Pre recorded of course.

1 Like

Not actually a bad idea!

Did ABC News Tasmania have a loyal audience? I imagine it was at least 2nd to SCTV (albeit if distant)?

Sorry, but I actually think that’s a really bad idea. As it is right now, ABC News Canberra is the only local bulletin in the market that’s actually presented live and from local studios* (long may that continue) so the weather should be presented that way too.

This of course isn’t anything against Graham Creed who is a qualified meteorologist and probably the best TV weather presenter in Sydney. But shouldn’t we be supporting the ABC’s local production/presentation of their Canberra news?

*Yes I know Alan Kohler’s Finance segment is a national pre-recorded bit presented in Sydney but that’s probably a bit less time/market sensitive than the weather.

I’m pretty sure you’re right by presuming that ABC News is 2nd after the immensely popular Southern Cross News in the Tasmanian ratings.

4 Likes

Not wanting to make this a syd v melb thing but he’s based in Melbourne, when Phil Lasker steps in he’s in Sydney.

3 Likes

Well in that case, I stand corrected! :slight_smile:

A properly presented weather report would be an improvement over it just being read from the desk like it is now.

5 Likes

Saturday -
Paul Higgins presenting in Victoria tonight.

2 Likes

Having the weather recorded at 6.50 or 7.20 or whenever would make no difference to the content of it. It’d be a vast improvement on Dan reading from the desk and would in no way be detrimental to the locally produced bulletin (which is already essentially the Sydney news with a local pak or two thrown in).

1 Like

For the most part, I guess so.

But you wouldn’t be able to mention the current temperature/conditions in a pre-recorded weather segment for obvious reasons! :wink: