ABC News Presenters and Reporters

The rival bulletins put out by WIN and Nine fade into insignificance compared to ABC News ACT.

1 Like

Tamara Oudyn is presenting the Victorian bulletin tonight without autocue, she is coping well reading from her paper script .

8 Likes

Not the first time this has happened to Tam.

https://www.3aw.com.au/newsreader-nightmares-when-something-goes-wrong-20150901-gjcjo5/?redirected=true

5 Likes

Paul Higgins presenting in Victoria again this week.

2 Likes

QLD this evening

1 Like

Is Jessica Vanvonderen going to replace Karina as the main presenter?

1 Like

Your guess is as good as any.

1 Like

ABC News NSW weather presenter Graham Creed advised tonight that he has lost control of the weather graphics, and that it would be run by the control room.

It mostly went pretty smoothly considering, except that one of the first graphics shown had “Christmas Day” on it.

5 Likes

Permanently or just for tonight for technical reasons?

Sorry, I think he meant just tonight.

1 Like

Noticed the reporter on 730 interviewing Liam Gallagher had a ring in her nose. Is it just me or a little unprofessional?

As long as her overall appearance was tidy, I don’t have an issue. A tiny stud or ring (and that’s what I assume it was?) I think is fine. Igenuinely don’t think I would have batted an eyelid. Am sure Liam didn’t care either!

7 Likes

I saw that, no problem with the nose ring for me.

She sounded British… did they just air a British interview?

I think by that he just meant that his clicker had broken.

1 Like

No, she’s a 7:30 reporter.

https://twitter.com/MoniqueSchafter

1 Like

Last night for Karina Carvalho farewelled by Jenny Woodward at end of weather

6 Likes

Does David Curnow have a chance to reclaim the position he was unceremoniously dumped from when the ABC decided they should diversify the on air talent pool?

4 Likes

I saw Kurnow on a train a couple of years back at Southbank, but I haven’t seen him on air nor heard him on radio. Wonder where he got to.

I’ve warmed to Karina. I’ll miss her but not the mispronunciation of places and names which made it obvious she wasn’t from Queensland.

Curnow is on family leave atm.

Carvalho was probably a good fit for the Perth 7pm news and seems to have earned that role. She’s a decent presenter but I always felt Curnow was hard done by because he was replaced by someone who had next to no relationship with the state of Queensland. There were rumblings in 2013 that she was parachuted into his high profile role because she got tired of the early starts when she presented Breakfast in Melbourne and it suited the ABC’s agenda.

2 Likes