ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Yeah need a magnifying glass for the ticker…

Please don’t tell me that is the new ABC News theme, sounded so boring.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Here’s what the opener may look like on News bulletins: https://twitter.com/kerrinbinnie/status/851171696337747968

5 Likes

Wait, are they keeping the old theme, just changing it a little or will we hear a new one? :confused:

1 Like

Sounds like just a bit of a tweak based on that audio there.

1 Like

Showing the journalists twitter handle before their name is dumb and should be fixed ASAP.

The headline text during openers needs to be much shorter too.

No change to the theme used on radio bulletins heard so far. Not sure what happened to the unified approach - perhaps later today?

It’s been flagged that majestic fanfare is staying on local radio and RN. Little disappointed to hear no change to ABC News (Radio).

Missed the news this morning on JJJ, does anyone know if the remixed version of Majestic Fanfare they use has been changed?

It better not be. Has no history in it and sounds like a production track…

Those graphics are nice. Flipper is wayyyy too distracting.
Are they not in native HD?

I like that. Here’s hopi g the theme stays the same time but remixed - this video seems to prove that.
Looks like breakfast will have its own theme

The opener and theme are great, great for breakfast TV. Gives the show a light feel. Hope the theme isn’t the news theme though. I’m still debating on the graphics, things are small, a bit to basic maybe? Just doesn’t feel authoritive anymore. But they might grow on me?

The ABC News logo has updated on Messenger, although my phone’s cache has the old one.

1 Like

The new graphics look great, they need to tweak the clock ASAP.

1 Like

I just realised, the Graphics aren’t as obstructive as regular ones. It’s just that little square ABC News bug and the occasional headline, name graphic. Overall very clean, but it’s a shame they aren’t in HD on the ABC News Channel. I was expecting the headline fonts to be a bit smaller than they are. I look forward to that changing colour palette that will get used for different types of stories. I do feel it will take a little time to get used to at the moment, though the black, white and blue colour does look great so far. :slight_smile:

Loving the new news theme!

3 Likes

It’s alright, but I thought the reporting was that we were getting an update of the pre-2005 classic? This is a remix of a remix.

The theme is much cleaner and less cluttered. Based off the 2010 one, but has a great sense of authority to it :slight_smile:

The new News Breakfast opener:

https://twitter.com/BreakfastNews/status/851193706325483521

4 Likes