ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Journalists also get an extra week of annual leave to cover working public holidays etc.

The disappearances are a thing but not as bad as they were. Perhaps for the random Tuesday night one the fillin should say ‘Tam’s off tonight’ as the audience can probably clock that it’s school holidays etc other times

1 Like

I thought I’d included that with the 5 weeks rather than four, or is it an additional one again taking it to 6 weeks?

Dan lost to Joanne Farrell in the ACT Australian of the Year category.

1 Like

Thankfully! I don’t quite understand him being nominated in the first place…

1 Like

Im not sure what Ainsworth accomplished in her time at the Parliament house bureau… other then slashing and burning… Seems to be a constant with her appointments.

Thursday 2 November -
Bridget Rollason presenting in Victoria tonight.

1 Like

:joy::joy: Literally three days after I said how good it was they had Isk to maintain some stability and yet another fill in presenter.

1 Like

And Isk was reporting on ABC News Channel this morning re the mushroom arrest

1 Like

Tuesday 14 November and Wednesday 15 November -
Danny Tran presenting weather in Victoria tonight.

Thursday 16 November -
Tamara Oudyn reading weather in Victoria.

Friday 17 November -
Ishkandar Razak reading weather in Victoria.

Monday 20 November and Tuesday 21 November -
Danny Tran presenting weather in Victoria.

2 Likes

Does Higgins have another day job or something?

The full interview with Rafael Epstein can be heard here

Thursday 23 November -
Bridget Rollason presenting in Victoria tonight.

3 Likes

And no weather either. Must be a Public Holiday in Vic.

Errr Sorry, I mean it’s ops normal.

Another one? They seem to use more presenters than any other prime time bulletin in the nation.

Kathryn Diss is the new Europe correspondent. She has previously reported for the ABC in North America and South East Asia.

This is her post from a week ago.

3 Likes

Monday 27 November -
Danny Tran presenting weather in Victoria tonight.

(and right at the start the camera ran off focus, so viewers could only hear his voice while the weather graphics were being shown)

Danny also presenting weather on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Wednesday 6 December -
Danny Tran presenting in Victoria tonight.

3 Likes

So assume yesterday’s announcement means James Glenday is now the permanent ABC News Canberra presenter? I noticed he was only ever on secondment and it was not 100% clear what the arrangement was going to be post voice referendum.

3 Likes

According to The Australian, Karina Carvalho has quit the ABC after 17 years and will finish this week. Sources close to Carvalho have told the paper that she had recently become concerned about the ABC’s editorial direction and that some of her colleagues had become activists instead of remaining objective.

3 Likes

Wow wasn’t expecting that. That might be where Dan Bourchier is going then.

1 Like