ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Monday 30 October -
Ishkandar Razak presenting in Victoria tonight.

2 Likes

At least it appears they have somewhat stabilised with Isk coming on board permanently but man that Tamara is absolutely taking her employer for a ride. Hope it’s unpaid leave! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: She is never there!

1 Like

Tamara was on air last night.

2 Likes

Exactly. On one night, missing the next.

1 Like

So?

It’s just such an unstable set up.

1 Like

What is this site’s obsession with her work life?

5 Likes

It’s unusual so therefore, notable.

Who has a job like Tamara? Comes and goes as she pleases. Off more than she is on.

No normal employer would allow that. Very very unusual.

2 Likes

WE DON’T KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES

3 Likes

Wow. Calm down mate. I don’t recall asking for them?

Whether you agree or not it is unusual so it’s going to stick out and be noticed.

3 Likes

Yeah but we noticed it ages ago

Yeah and my initial comment tonight was all about how having Isk onboard permanently appears to have at least stabilised Tamara’s absences and he doesn’t appear be away as much as Mary and Tamara were off. That was what I was noting.

Before Mary left there were multiple people presenting the bulletin each week. Sometimes up to 3 different people over a 7 day week. This appears to have calmed down now.

3 Likes

She wouldn’t be doing anything her employer isn’t aware of or in agreement with. If the employer had a problem I’m sure they would be onto it.

5 Likes

She must be very well liked there for them to be letting her have so much time off. Very rare from an employer to be so generous.

1 Like

It’s not unheard of for large employers to be supportive of flexible working arrangements which can include things like job sharing or reduced hours/days. And i imagine it comes with a hefty pay cut if there is a significant reduction in hours/days.

But didn’t it get mentioned some time ago that she has been doing work at ABC radio as well? That’s not exactly “time off”.

2 Likes

But it is though. It’s time off screen which impacts the bulletin. It’s messy and unheard of anywhere else. If she cannot commit to it full time or wants to do radio too they’d be best having her on weekends so it’s only 2 days a week then she has days during the week for radio.

You simply wouldn’t see Seven let Rick and Sue or Nine let Peter Overton do this.

1 Like

If the employer is happy, and there’s nothing to suggest they aren’t, then it’s of zero concern or business to us. If they are happy to have newsreading duties spread across different talent, then so be it. Management are the ones signing and having to justify her pay cheques. Budgets are tight at ABC and I’m sure every cent is being accounted for especially should they be hauled up to senate estimates to please explain.

They are probably on much higher pay, too. But people on this forum seem to observe Sandra Sully having a lot of time “off”.

9 Likes

Sandra doesn’t have anywhere near as much time off as Tamara does.

Anyway doesn’t matter. Just an observation of an unusual set up.

Sandra Sully attends events which is why she is absent often.

Tamara Oudyn works on ABC Radio National and has to look after her 2 children as she is divorced.

Ian Henderson took many holidays throughout the year or visited family interstate or overseas.

1 Like

Not really, good employers have good conditions which includes generous leave conditions. The ABC enterprise agreement (assuming this is the instrument Oudyn is covered by) allows 18 days personal leave and for someone who regularly works Sundays up 5 weeks annual leave. Throw in possible flex time, days in lieu for public holidays and overtime and possible time in lieu for working during the four week “Christmas closedown” leave entitlements add up quickly.

Sure.its not how most private industry works especially commercial television, but it happens and it just so happens in a very public way.

2 Likes