ABC News Presenters and Reporters

I think it’s an ABC News Victoria thing. Even when Ian Henderson was presenting he and Tamara seem to be away quite a lot.

Thursday 2 June -
Tamara Oudyn returns to present in Victoria, with Danny Tran presenting weather filling in for Paul Higgins.

1 Like

Her children had Covid.

Am aware of that but it seemed to be a thing even before Tamara became weeknight presenter. Doesn’t seem to be as common in other stations as it is at ABC Melbourne.

Just saying :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Mary back in Melbourne tonight lol

2 Likes

I’m also pretty sure ABCV encourages presenters to take leave during the year to avoid that 4-5 week absence over the summer when quite a lot of news tends to happen.

1 Like

Alan Kohler appeared on The Project last night.

3 Likes

Timing is crucial; we have to finish at exactly 7:29:59. There is no leeway. In the early days we had a one-minute closer. It would start playing at 7:29 and we could finish anytime within that last minute. The director would then dissolve to the closer which had music and featured selections of the best pictures from the bulletin. These days we keep talking until the last second and it can be a challenge.

I do miss the headline recap and long-form closer at the end of the bulletin, but I suppose there’s so much content to cover now that every second counts.

4 Likes

Charlotte Hamlyn returns from maternity leave in WA tonight.

Tuesday 21 June -
Annie Kearney presenting weather in Victoria tonight.

Wednesday 22 June -
Danny Tran presenting in weather in Victoria tonight.

2 Likes

Sunday 26 June -

Mary Gearin is presenting in Victoria.

(Tamara presenting on Monday)

Tuesday 28 June to Thursday 30 June -

Ben Knight is presenting in Victoria.

2 Likes

We should have a media spy bingo of this.

2 Likes

Friday 1 July & Saturday 2 July-

Bridget Rollason is presenting in Victoria.

Mary Gearin has been working on ABC Melbourne radio(Drive) this week.

4 Likes

Is it just me or by chance in the last couple of months i haven’t seen Juanita Phillips on ABC News NSW very much? The last week I have seen Jeremy Fernandez, Elysse Morgan & Kirsten Aiken filling in.

2 Likes

Agree, I haven’t seen her much either. She could just be on annual leave. Hope it’s nothing else i like her.

1 Like

Agreed, I really enjoy her presenting. Only thing is she may have a backlog of annual leave from covid 2020/21. Which would make sense.

1 Like

A nice article by Jessica van Vonderen about her history with the ABC.

4 Likes

Sunday 3 July-

Iskhandar Razak is presenting in Victoria.

Monday 4 July to Thursday 7 July-

Mary Gearin is presenting in Victoria.

Friday 8 July-

Bridget Rollason is presenting in Victoria.

3 Likes

Emilie Gramenz presented in Queensland tonight including weather from the screen. What can’t she do?! Multipurpose presenter.