ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Jenny Woodward was on News Breakfast this morning.

4 Likes

In this week’s Good Weekend magazine (with The Age and SMH) is an extract from a new book by ABC China correspondent Bill Birtles, in which he has recounted how he fled China last year with his partner Yinan (who was pregnant at the time), after he was interrogated by state security police.

Birtles’ book The Truth about China will be released on Monday, May 3.
https://www.allenandunwin.com/browse/books/other-books/The-Truth-About-China-Bill-Birtles-9781760879860

2 Likes

According to the project, Bill Birtles was supposed to be the ABC Jakarta correspondent but then covid 19 happened which delayed it. Then cops knocked at the door and he escaped China. But I wonder if he will go ever go to to Jakarta to be correspondent.

3 Likes

Wednesday 5 May -
Mary Gearin presenting in Victoria tonight.

1 Like

5 May 2021
Jessica Harmsen presenting ABC News WA from Adelaide.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Bit of a loss there… any idea where he’s off to?

1 Like

Comms

Friday 7 May -
Paul Higgins presenting in Victoria tonight.

3 Likes

With James Hancock now gone it will be interesting to see who will fill in as newsreader in Victoria when Paul isn’t available to fill in.
I’m thinking it could be Ben Knight.

2 Likes

Possibly Iskhandar Razak?

I hope it’s Isk. He did a great job the other week and has been reading 774 bulletins for yonks.

Elias Clure would have been an option before he moved to 7:30/Sydney.

2 Likes

Monday 10 May -
Tamara Oudyn reading the weather in Victoria tonight.

3 Likes

2 days ago marked Leigh Sales’ birthday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/COqqASKHfCL/

1 Like

South Asia correspondent James Oaten said during a live cross to Tamara Oudyn on the 7pm Victorian bulletin today that he was barred from the first repatriation flight that arrived in Darwin on Saturday, because he tested positive to COVID-19. He since had another test and the result revealed he had a low viral load.

2 Likes

Did I hear that he tested negative when he got retested as well?

Yes James tested negative and was hopeful of getting on the next repatriation flight to Darwin.

1 Like

Thursday 20 May -
Matt Wordsworth presented the weather in Queensland.