ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Yeah nah

1 Like

Yes, did sound odd and in the replies there’s one from Steph Ferrier who seemed surprised by it and I’d imagine with both their roles they would have worked relatively closely on Breakfast despite being in different states.

Doesn’t Lara have a young child also? That could also be one of the reasons… could also explain being blunt too!

1 Like

Totally shocked by the possibility that someone is leaving the ABC on bad terms. I’m sure that’s never happened before.

Wednesday 8th Feb:

Brittney Kleyn presented ABC News Queensland tonight.

2 Likes

As posted in the Content and Appearance thread, Matt Wordsworth is leaving the ABC. I expect Jess van Vanderon to replace him.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Seemingly run by his wife or at least someone with the same surname.

1 Like

Account @ed doesn’t exist…

A fairly big loss for ABC Queensland. Though viewers had become fairly familiar with Jessica when Matt took long service leave last year, so the transition shouldn’t have a big impact.

Lexy surely takes over?

1 Like

I thought Jess Van Vonderan would have taken over from Karina but Matt did. Maybe declined the offer? Hopefully she does.

Either way QLD has a good fill in line up: Lexy, Brittany, Louisa. All familiar faces.

2 Likes

I’m not really a fan. Lexy over summer was a nice change. Hopefully her experience means she gets the bump up.

Saturday 18 February -
Bridget Rollason presenting in Victoria tonight.

2 Likes

National medical reporter Sophie Scott left the ABC last week. She will focus on work in the mental health and communication space in addition to maintaining her duties as adjunct associate professor at the University of Notre Dame medical school.

Also, according to Mediaweek, Girish Sawlani has changed roles at the ABC and will now file stories across online, TV and radio as a reporter and producer based in Melbourne. He was previously a supervising producer and presenter for The World and was also Canberra correspondent for ABC Radio Australia.

2 Likes

Tuesday 21th February 2023:

Lexy Hamilton-Smith is reading ABC News QLD tonight.

Jessica Van Vonderen read Monday night. Unsure what the presenting schedule is going to look like moving forward, following the resignation of Matt Wordsworth.

5 Likes

Wednesday 22nd February 2023:

Matt Wordsworth back reading ABC News QLD tonight.

3 Likes

I wonder if his contract ends at a point so he’s presenting till then

That would be right. He’s not high-profile enough or leaving to a competitor to be granted gardening leave.

Friday 24 February -
Danny Tran presenting weather in Victoria tonight.

2 Likes

Could it be a possibility that we see Lisa Millar take over from Matt in QLD, to move back to Queensland and be closer to her family?