ABC News Presenters and Reporters

Seems a bit drastic…

Does he not realise he can just change his twitter handle?

8 Likes
1 Like

06/11/2018:

Lorna Dunkley is presenting the late news.

2 Likes

Great newsreader. When their news department starts expanding 10 should poach her.

2 Likes

Former Ten News presenter Celina Edmonds is filling on on Evenings tonight.

1 Like

…but of course it has to be said that Celina Edmonds was at ABC News during the 1990s before joining Ten (and Sky News, before returning to the ABC in December last year)! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I actually didn’t know that until I did some further research after I made the post. According to her Linkedin profile she also worked at Prime and WIN in the early 90s as well.

2 Likes

07/11/2018:

Gemma Veness presented in NSW and Charlotte Hamlyn presented in WA yesterday.

4 Likes

Emilie Gramenz presented ABC News NT Tonight.

2 Likes

I didn’t realise she’d left Tas.

1 Like

10/11/2018:

Canberra news is being presented from the War Memorial.

5 Likes

As Jeremy Fernadez is moving to ABC News from 2019 - who will present ABC News NSW on weekends?

3 Likes

Probably Nicole Chettle? I think she’s the current 3rd in-line presenter of ABC News NSW.

It’d be great if they chose Chris Bath, but along with her radio commitments I think she might want to do things other than newsreading these days.

5 Likes

20/11/2018:
Mary Gearin is presenting ABC News at Five and the Victorian news tonight.

7 Likes

I remember Jeremy Fernandez being a regular presenter in the early days of News 24. I think he presented afternoon bulletins quite frequently, with a separate stint on Afternoon Live a few years ago.

4 Likes

Wednesday & Thursday -

Paul Higgins is presenting ABC News at Five and Victorian bulletin.

Edit -
Tamara said on her twitter she is prepping and rehearsing for election coverage on Saturday night.

3 Likes

Jenny Woodward returned from holidays to present weather in Queensland tonight.

2 Likes

Gemma Veness presented a special 5.30pm bulletin for Victorian viewers today before the state election coverage, and also the late news after the coverage ended early at 10.15pm AEDT.

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Gloria Kalache left ABC News Victoria earlier this month to join SBS

2 Likes

Gloria actually started her job at SBS on October 31 according to this tweet.

2 Likes