ABC News Content and Appearance

NT now acknowledging Larrakia Land

2 Likes

ABC’s National 7pm news for Foxtel satellite viewers launched tonight:

6 Likes

Here’s the bulletin in full, with some promos beforehand explaining the change. There was a ticker running throughout the bulletin as well.

11 Likes

I can understand reasoning, but is there a real need for this?

3 Likes

I don’t understand why they are broadcasting a new bulletin just for this. Why not just simulcast ABC News channel?

9 Likes

I’d just air ABC Sydney or News Channel, and have the scroller.

2 Likes

I agree. Should just be ABC News NSW or if they really want to be neutral, a simulcast of the news channel’s 7pm AEDST bulletin.

Seems like a waste of money to produce a completely separate national bulletin for maybe a few thousand viewers of ABC-TV via Foxtel satellite.

5 Likes

It’s a dedicated bulletin as it’s done in the same format of the 7PM flagship. News channel doesn’t have that format.

The new bulletin really should be available on the News Channel and/or iView either live or on delay

2 Likes

It’s a lot more than a few thousand.

Anyone have a clear world map that the ABC uses? The world map from the idents because I can’t find one myself and screen capping looks dull because most of the time videos are low qual.

1 Like

Why ABC Sydney NSW though? I would of thought VIC could be a preferred choice since it has much better production standards and the lighting/camera angles is way better compared to ABC NSW. It would seem like a logical decision, I even wouldn’t mind if it was the News Channel instead.

1 Like

Maybe because
NSW is the most populated state? I don’t think whether or not a particular set looks better would (or should) come into the equation.

2 Likes

Why does that warrant it to be broadcast nationally?

1 Like

Earlier in this thread, I said that a simulcast of the news channel’s 7pm AEDST bulletin would be the best option for ABC-TV via Foxtel satellite rather than producing a separate bulletin which I suspect, is potentially being done as a “don’t increase our funding and this is what everyone will eventually get on all platforms” thing.

But surely most would agree that if in the unlikely scenario a local edition were to be aired on that channel, the NSW version would be picked?

VICTORIA - 13/10/2020

(Full HD recording - rarely seen on ABC)

3 Likes

in the unlikely scenario where they potentially made the probably unrealistic decision to maybe do that? gosh, hardly even seems worth putting any thought to.

Don’t get why the logo at the start of the opener is blurry, then it cuts to full HD elements. Ruins the package.

It’s just the YouTube capture recording itself, not the actual broadcast since I watch the 7pm VIC News in HD and everything is perfect.

ABC QLD copying a common commercial bulletin practice.

We now cross to our political correspondent all the way from outside the ABC studios at Southbank :smirk:

BTW - Lexy anchoring this week. Monday:

5 Likes