ABC News Content and Appearance

It’s the same screen that they’ve been using since the new set launched according to iView.

Did look like there were a few technical/camera glitches tonight in Victoria though.

2 Likes

It’s been in use since the start of the year…

7 Likes

This angle actually looks really good, I quite like that shot.

11 Likes

You might be refering to the News Channel one or the NSW Set. But Victoria has a weather wall. (Used for News Breakfast, The World/The World This Week & 7pm news)

1 Like

Why does ABC News go until 7.42pm? :thinking:

1 Like

Always goes long on Sundays, it was their excuse for killing Stateline/Local 7.30

2 Likes

I’d say to time out to 8.30, with the 7.30 show running 48 minutes plus ads…

Does 7:30 run on Sundays?

Something else is on right now.

No.

1 Like

The ABC revealed this morning that its news website had been updated to make it easier to change the homepage edition to the reader’s home state or territory.

3 Likes

No local 7pm news in Queensland tonight.

2 Likes

Quite convenient though that Karina was doing the national bulletin. At least she’s familiar with the Queensland audience.

5 Likes

Any thoughts as to what position would be so crucial that if they were ill, would cause bulletin to not go to air?

Strange that the information provided was from Jenny Woodward rather than Matt Wordsworth.

1 Like
5 Likes

It could of been the autocue operator, director, producer or even the executive producer. A lot of people are needed to bring the 7pm news on air.

3 Likes

but odd to think one of them goes down it throws the whole thing off. sounds like an odd excuse.

3 Likes

For 7pm News, ABC have an autocue operator, director and news producer (typically a journo from the newsroom) in the control room.

Everything else is automatic for them. This could be different in each state/territory however.

I would say the director would’ve been absent. Autocue is simple and basically everyone in the station is trained or has done it before.

3 Likes

That’s the risk you take with operating at the ragged edge of efficiency.

WA caps

4 Likes