ABC News Content and Appearance

No, it’s a national live bulletin. If there’s a large news event taking place in an individual state, they will broadcast that edition to a national audience.

3 Likes

Did the news of Bob Hawke’s death break during the Leigh Sales interview with Bill Shorten?

I came in late, but haven’t seen anything yet…

It did, the Shorten interview was pre-recorded

1 Like

This evening’s bulletin has been extended to 7.40pm, including a federal election preview with Michael Rowland, Andrew Probyn and Antony Green at the ABC election set in Sydney.

2 Likes

10 Wasn’t the only one to release a new promo today… ABC NSW did also.

11 Likes

Endtag with Jeremy Fernandez:

7 Likes

I believe the answer to that question is that they do not provide a true news bulletin. There are far too many international stories throughout the bulletin. People want to know about what’s happening around them. ABC News does not provide that. They are not local enough.

So how do you explain ABC News ACT being the number 1 news in Canberra (assuming the ratings have been consistent since they were last reported a year or so ago, iirc)? It does include local Canberra news.

1 Like

This is complete rubbish, David. Usually we tend to agree on most things but I can’t see where you are coming from here

A good news bulletin should leave the viewer informed as to what is happening in their immediate vicinity, the country and the wider world.

Not a roundup of the day’s car crashes or murders in the city. Australian commercial news is so incredibly insular, thank god the ABC provides some balance.

11 Likes

This pretty much the reason I avoid the evening news and breakfast shows on commercial channels now.

2 Likes

There’s also a national version of the promo featuring anchors from across the country - saw it on the News Channel last night

2 Likes

Here’s the promo I was referring to:

2 Likes

Blue LEDs on the Canberra set tonight.

3 Likes

Saw the Queensland one featuring Wordsworth and Van Vonderan tonight as well.

1 Like

The market. Canberra is an incredibly highly educated, high income city. The demographic favors ABC style news. Also WIN and Nine in Canberra feel incredibly hokey and small market. ABC feels large market.

1 Like

until the pollies come back when the IQ drops substantially :wink:

Late News was presented from the new NSW set last night:

7 Likes

Fantastic. Hopefully more bulletins come from here.

6 Likes

To where?

Have you noticed all the posers on instagram pose standing with legs crossed? That’d be the directive.

There are 7pm TV bulletin promos airing on ABC Brisbane radio, I gather they’re the soundtrack to a TV promo.

It’s not to my liking. ABC News should be about content not presenters. eg. NSW of old: Hendo was a star on TCN, Dibble an extremely good newsreader among suitable content on ABN

It’s odd why the ABQ bulletin rates poorly. It’s a welcome change to what used to be the most serious of the commercial bulletins, QTQ which has now been ACA’ified with Amanda running their show. BTQ is a more toned down version but lacks the ABC content.

1 Like

The 7:30 Studio

1 Like