ABC News Content and Appearance

Love this.

Managing Editor of Television and Video for ABC News (and author) Tim Ayliffe announced this afternoon that he is leaving the broadcaster.

After 17 years, I’m leaving ABC News. I’m grateful for having worked with so many wonderful people & I’m proud of the 1000s of hours of TV we’ve made. It’s time for fresh challenges… more novels to write, a TV series in the works, and most importantly - more time with my family

— Tim Ayliffe (@TimJAyliffe) December 12, 2023
4 Likes

Changes to ABC News department including the axing of The Drum as mentioned earlier, plus the relaunch of digital-first Stateline, and the launch of a new weekly news program focusing on the broader Asia region in 2024.

2 Likes

Any idea what’s going into the 6PM slot?

1 Like

Currently it is Back Roads repeats at 6pm and Hard Quiz repeats at 6.30pm.

2 Likes

The guide currently has “Great Australian Stuff” scheduled at 6pm from Monday - Thursday. Those programs you list are from 5pm.

1 Like

I’m referring to the schedule for next year. That is the schedule for week 2 when the schedule settles down and 7.30 returns.

2 Likes

Oh great news. Just as I suggested, Hard quiz being the lead in to the news!

1 Like

Cook and the chef reboot please

3 Likes
3 Likes

That schedule now in for the first 4 weeks of next year at least for ABC main channel - Back Roads at 6pm then Hard Quiz.

1 Like

Typical Ultimo, doesn’t even bother to use the national newsroom background graphic for the news. Southbank would never be so ignorant or lazy.

3 Likes

Southbank was last night. Melbourne backdrop and all!

2 Likes

They were last night apparently.

3 Likes

I don’t like that standing intro shot in Sydney, looks more like a green screen the way they do it. Looks fake ish

The Melbourne intro is probably the best with the camera rolling in from a distance. They also do another rare intro for the Melbourne set, usually on later national bulletins on 24, with the whole desk in shot.

2 Likes

I liked the old opener when they first launched the new set in Sydney. Then they got rid of it when Juanita was on long service… looks so homebrand now.

As seen here:

2 Likes

It lacks sophistication.

Tries hard but just doesn’t get there does it

I stand corrected! So it was a deliberate thing? Even more bizarre.

Jeremy Fernandez presented ABC News NSW from what looks like the Brisbane set tonight.

Edit: Looks like it was Perth. I wonder what they are doing at Ultimo?

5 Likes