ABC News Content and Appearance

I thought there were two “second tier” (AFL feeder) competitions in Victoria… perhaps I’m wrong…

As you can probably tell by my avatar, I don’t follow them very closely, but was commenting from an NRL perspective.

The VFA was practically out of existence in 1995 and became the VFL. Once the AFL reserves joined interest in the traditional VFA clubs dropped dramatically. It’s been a slow decline in news coverage to practically nothing. Not dissimilar to Sheffield shield cricket, news directors decided the audience no longer cares.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Do they normally not have sport in the 7pm bulletins?

Two nights in a row ABC News Victoria’s 7pm bulletin didn’t have any sport.

2 Likes

Probably also because it’s a quiet-ish few days with no major sport until Wednesday when the ICC World Cup resumes?

1 Like

Victoria starting at the desk tonight, don’t think I’ve seen this happen since the current set launched a few years ago.

4 Likes

1 Like

Isn’t he also facing a trial in QLD for accusation of a rape that took place after the Higgins case went national?

Generally only done when Yvonne presents news on 24 after 8pm. Perhaps same producer running the shift.

2 Likes

More suited to the corporate thread?

Back to standing presentation tonight.

1 Like

The final main channel ABC News Late bulletin for the year is scheduled for Friday 15 December.

2 Likes

These robot cameras in Vic really have a mind of their own don’t they! :rofl:

What do you mean?

1 Like

Right after Tamara Oudyn introduced Danny Tran for weather, the main camera ran off focus so for a few seconds it was looking at the wall panel between the two presenters.

3 Likes

The episode uploaded to iView didn’t have this, only a throw to Danny who we never saw, only read the weather. No mention made as to why.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I saw on TV as well. It came right after the camera going off focus, so the producers went to the graphics instead. The iView edit omitted the out of focus bit.

2 Likes
1 Like

Interesting. Chance of a refresh next year?

6 Likes