ABC News (Channel)

Nice… faux chummy banter that makes no sense… that’s a sign of a first class news release!

1 Like

Hopefully it’s not just because of the muffins

1 Like

They shouldve used the opportunity to relaunch Weekend Breakfast completely and replaced Joanna Nicholson with Kath Robinson. Nicholson has no gravitas or on-air charisma.

It seems the 5pm bulletin will be exclusive to the news channel. No longer on main channel.

Kath would’ve been a good choice, paired with Szeps.

The drum really needs a bit of a relaunch to coincide with its new prime time slot, I’ve never been a fan of the look of the show at all.

With the almost frequent “Alert” ticker these past weeks due to the Tasmanian and Victorian fires, the yellow really lifts the supers and ties nicely with the clock.

If they could somehow incorporate yellow into the package permanently it would certainly look much nicer than plain black and white.

I reckon The Drum might now be presented from the News Channel set at Ultimo, especially if the 5pm bulletin will still be presented from Melbourne this year.

Being a flagship program with interviews and whatnot, surely 7.30 would need access to their studio for a bit longer than half an hour before airtime?

According to EPG will be known as ABC News Tonight

Edit - don’t trust anything I say.

They just be moving to the news channel set.

Haven’t heard that one before :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The show’s airing at 7pm AEDT on the News Channel, not 5pm

1 Like

It’s already been said that The Drum is expected to get a new set & logo, hasn’t it? So I presume there’ll be new titles/graphics.

Wouldn’t mind there being new theme music too.

1 Like

Isn’t this the new logo? Not a big fan personally.

1 Like

Anyone see the new Afternoon line up this arvo?

I think it was canned due to the Royal Commission conference.

Has the new Afternoon line up started?

ABC News Channel Fridays 8:15pm - 8:45pm AEST

As NSW prepares to vote on March 23, ABC News NSW Political Correspondent Brigid Glanville explores the issues that could decide the election. With interviews from candidates and party leaders plus political reporters.

1 Like

Budget 2019

Tuesday 2 April

7.30pm AEDT Leigh Sales will be hosting the ABC’s budget coverage directly from Parliament House

9pm AEDT extended analysis by Greg Jennett and Emma Alberici.

9.30pm AEDT The Business with Elysse Morgan and the Business team present - budget special

10pm AEDT The Drum hosted by Ellen Fanning - budget special

ABC News is having a live cross to Downer in London or somewhere and the backdrop just went to a screensaver. :laughing:

5 Likes

Kathryn Robinson hosting Weekend Breakfast with Johanna Nicholson for the next two weeks.

2 Likes