Matter of Fact:

The World

Closer used the old look graphics:

11pm News with Yvonne Yong from Melbourne

12am, 1am, 2am News with Brianna Sheppard from Perth

11 Likes

7pm - 9pm News with Karina Carvalho

5 Likes

Can I get a rundown of where all the shows are coming from? Based from all these caps, all the shows are being produced all around the country.

2 Likes

Matter of Fact is in Sydney and The World is in Melbourne.

7-9pm from Sydney as usual, and the 11pm bulletin presumably coming out of Melbourne due to the ABC TV Late bulletin coming out of Sydney.

God, that set for The World is hideous.

5 Likes

Just saw it on TV – wholeheartedly agree. Looks like a tacky set from the early 00’s. The new set doesn’t at all suit the show’s high-brow global content.

There’s also an awful reflection on the main screen.

1 Like

It’s cool that WA gets live late news from Perth, even if it’s a national bulletin.

2 Likes

Why are none of the new sets (The World, Matter of Fact) designed with the graphics package in mind.

When you look at the MSNBCs, CNN, Sky UK and Fox’;s of the world - it’s a cohesive design feel across sets and GFX. Although they have many different sets and graphic packages for each show - they all look like they work together and share the same design rule book and overall tone and feel. Things work together on air and link.

These sets look and feel NOTHING like the new look ABC just rolled out for ABC News.

Matter of Fact looks SO out of place - it looks like nothing else on the network.

Why aren’t design standards and themes at least loosely applied across new sets - so things all look branded and cohesive?

7 Likes

Because welcome to Australia.

4 Likes

It’s weird though. ABC in-house has done some good work of late, but these News Channel changes are so bad.

1 Like

Are these full 30 minute bulletins or just updates on the hour?

15 minute bulletins I believe.

1 Like

12am - 30 minutes
1am - 15 minutes
2am - 15 minutes
3am - 1 minute Update

1 Like

So when does Melbourne take over in the mornings? I’m assuming 4am or 5am?

First appearance from Melbourne is 6am for News Breakfast. No news updates/bulletins between the 3am Update and start of News Breakfast at 6am.

Some more shots of Matter of Fact, from last night:

Ender for The World didn’t use the old graphics this time:

6 Likes

In between these bulletins, Briana also has to present the late news on ABC’s main channel in WA.

1 Like

I swear there use to be a 5am update?

There’s obviously someone in the ABC with decision-making powers on this stuff who has fucking terrible taste. It’s happened so consistently over the years that it’s the only explanation.

How it happens is beyond me. They’ll spend zillions designing an ABC font yet apparently let some rando make unilateral decisions on their biggest brand element.

6 Likes

Didn’t realise they created their own font for the relaunch. Why do they still used a squashed version of Verdana for the clock?

3 Likes

I quite like the new Matter of Fact set… it works with the late night feel of the show. And it’s unlike anything else on TV.
The new World set is the opposite - bright and glaring for that time of the evening. It’s like they’re stuck in a spaceship.

7 Likes