ABC News (Channel)

Even more issues with the new on-air look

4 Likes

Still shows ABC News 24 when you click on More on the website

1 Like

Soo much for brand continuity lol

I know people hate large supers, but I think they’d look better if the were a bit larger. There just to small. Anyone agree?

Not at all. They are just fine that size.

The thing I don’t like is all the white space at the bottom of the screen but I assume that will be filled by the flipper/ticker when it’s sorted out.

4 Likes

Overnight weather:

3 Likes

Yep satellite via IQ3

1 Like

foxtel has the abc channels

Totally agree. Very crass. Then again, they’re the types of losers you deal with, that tiny % of the population, that trawl twitter looking to gain traction.

Oh, how unfortunate to then be a media organisation which picks up another’s trash as a secondary source for bullshit stories. Oops!

Really like the new look. Almost perfect in my eyes. They kept everything that was great from before - like the backdrop and the set. And the new graphics are totally cool. The theme is perfect. Even the clock. There’s something about the overall thing that is really brash and confident and unafraid to be different. :+1:

1 Like

Nope, I’ve been saying NewsCorp is junk for years on this site. Dumb presentation, dopey reports. Stupid all around. That’s why we don’t have a daily in WA- we’re more discerning. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What’s going on with the ticker, it really should be on there!

2 Likes

Well, we got told it was removed due to technical problems. So no use returning it if the problem isn’t fixed.

Can’t be technical as there is a ticker during ABC breakfast

I saw a ticker during their simulcast of Al Jazeera last night

1 Like

This is what the watermark should look like:

12 Likes

The watermark is perfect now.

1 Like

Now during programming like the National Press Club Address, as today, there is no way to get news from the news channel. Maybe this goes to changing the name from 24, less of a ‘here and now’ brand, more of a complimentary service to their online news?

The jackets need updating

12 Likes

Found 30 seconds of the closing audio on YouTube.
Certainly my favourite theme out of all the networks.

7 Likes