ABC News (Channel)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss

Retain the sliders and don’t balls it up danke.

1 Like

If “we’re working on it” means they’re actually working on it rather than paying an external consultant like they did 6 years ago, it will almost certainly be ballsed up.

They’re being done externally

1 Like

Thank fuck.

1 Like

ABC News 24 studio at Ultimo.

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: State/Territory Election Coverage 2016

A post was merged into an existing topic: US Presidential Election

Adelaide studio.

4 Likes

ABC News Special: Andrew Olle Media Lecture

Waleed Aly presenting the 2016 Andrew Olle Media Lecture will be televised on ABC News 24 on Saturday at 2.25pm AEDT.

Fiona Ellis-Jones from News Radio is presenting this afternoon. She looks much younger than I was expecting!

The clock on ABC News 24 appears to be malfunctioning… It’s currently stuck on 23.02 in Victoria when local time is 14.48.

All fixed.

Fairfax article ABC in 2017 reveals that ABC News 24 will be rebranded ABC News in 2017

The News24 channel and NewsRadio will be rebranded “ABC News”: But how do we distinguish between them – and the TV news bulletins? A spokeswoman says: “When necessary, they will be described as ‘the ABC News channel’ and ‘ABC News on radio’ respectively … the TV bulletins will be described as ‘ABC news [State name] at 7pm on ABC TV’.”

1 Like

As I stated in the ABC in 2017 thread, this is just the dumbest rebrand I’ve ever heard of. I’ve already sent in a complaint to the ABC about this.

1 Like

BBC News did the same thing to its domestic news channel.

Putting all their news outlets under the same umbrella of “ABC News” makes sense - especially bringing ABC NewsRadio into the mix. Always found it puzzling why there wasn’t a coordination of the brand there.

The brand should def be unified.

But why not one ABC News logo and then just add a small ‘24’ or "Radio’ to the end.

So you have

ABC News
ABC News 24
ABC News Radio

2 Likes

Well, what does “24” mean? Yeah, it means 24 hours of the day and it’s on channel 24 on terrestrial TV, but it’s pretty meaningless otherwise. You could say that ABC News Radio operates 24 hours a day, so why not call that ABC News 24?

I think the branding should be the following:

ABC News Online
ABC News (Channel/TV - depending on context)
ABC News Radio
ABC News [state]

1 Like

I would think those 2 reasons are meaning enough.

8 Likes

2 reasons not to have it as part of a brand.