News Breakfast

I’m not sure if I’m imagining things, but I’m pretty sure News Breakfast used stock footage of Shannon Noll sneezing this morning as part of a story on the flu or disease spread or something along those lines. Did anyone else see that, around 7:30am?

the new ABC studios in Melbourne will be HD - and News Breakfast will go HD in a few weeks, so I presume that means Insiders and ABC News Victoria too

5 Likes

Are in the same studio, currently using the same set with different lighting.

Del co-hosting with Michael this week with Amanda Shalala presented sport on Monday & Tuesday and Georgina Tunny presenting weather again this week.

4 Likes

Amanda Shalala was doing sport this morning. She previously worked at ABC, then Fox Sports last year and is now freelance, according to her LinkedIn.

7 Likes

Paul Kennedy returned this morning presenting sport from Melbourne.

2 Likes

Adrian Raschella is co-hosting with Del this Friday.

1 Like

Virginia is back hosting next week with Paul Kennedy.

1 Like

@nationalnews this mornings team

3 Likes

With Paul co-hosting with Virginia, Amanda Shalala is on sport and Kristen Veness has taken over weather duties.

2 Likes

Nate Byrne is Australia’s newest breakfast TV weather presenter, starting March 13. He is a meteorologist and Royal Australian Navy Lieutenant.

2 Likes

Paul basically just said they’ll be in their new studio March 13.

2 Likes

###Nate Byrne reports to ABC News Breakfast

Meteorologist and Royal Australian Navy Lieutenant Nate Byrne will join the ABC News Breakfast line-up, taking on the role of Weather Presenter from Monday, 13 March.

With a dynamic onscreen presence and a genuine passion for science, Nate brings vast and varied experience and unique skills to the program. In addition to his Master of Science Communication Outreach and 12 years experience working as a meteorologist and oceanographer in the navy, Nate was a scholar of the Shell Questacon Science Circus and toured the country delivering science shows to outback communities across Australia.

Nate Byrne, Weather Presenter, ABC News Breakfast says, “I’m really looking forward to joining the team at ABC News Breakfast and communicating the science behind climate phenomena to viewers. People often tell me that they are interested in the weather, but that they don’t really understand it - just what is a cold front? I’m excited to get the opportunity to explain what is really driving a drought or causing a flood alongside the daily weather outlook.”

2 Likes

Seems like a good choice… hopefully they can get him out and about more.

Has he had any presenting experience?

1 Like

I honestly think they should give Tim Bailey a shot

ABC News Breakfast to have all female “line-up”.

1 Like

This weeks team

Next week for the final week from Sydney studio Michael Rowland co-hosting with Del Irani

1 Like

Same set will be in the new studio, though it will be rejigged a tad.

3 Likes

Oh and in HD.

2 Likes