News Breakfast

New set, new format (and I assume new graphics) coming in 4 weeks. Team is relocating to Sydney whilst being built. Looks massive.

Watch the sneak peek tour on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/breakfastnews/videos/10154501227463983/

8 Likes

Bout time! Wonder if Vic news will move to Sydney too?

1 Like

Probably Perth if they need to move.

“News Breakfast Central” - cue lawsuit from Seven in 3, 2, 1…

6 Likes

Awesome! :smiley: I hope ABC News’ changes will be as significant as this in the coming months. Hope the set will be complete refresh, and from the looks of the gigantic Breakfast set, I’d imagine it would get the same treatment! Not long to wait! :yum::+1:

3 Likes

Sunrise rarely refer to Martin Place as Brekky Central anymore.

1 Like

Another thing to note, it looks like changes are happening upstairs too… :open_mouth:

4 Likes

It’ll be very interesting to see whether these studio changes only apply to ABC News Breakfast or whether other programs will benefit from a new set and possibly other technological enhancements.

5 Likes

So, I’m guessing four weeks will also be around the time the rest of ABC News relaunches?

3 Likes

Yes, ABC News Victoria, Insiders, Outsiders, The World and ABC News Breakfast are all moving to the ground level of the ABC Southbank Studios. Much like Sydney, there is a public viewing platform where you will be able to view all live news programs going to air.

The current studio that they’ve been broadcasting from (over the last couple of months) is also new, and will be home to children’s programming on ABCME.

To the right of the stairs (which can be seen in the video) is a newly built large production studio which will cater for shows such as ‘The Weekly with Charlie Pickering’ and ‘Shaun Micallef’s Mad as Hell’.

The original news studio which was located on level 3, has now been demolished and made into office space.

9 Likes

3rd, after 7 Sydney and 9 Adelaide.

…and Sky Sydney CBD and Nine Perth.

2 Likes

You mean a camera pointed at some dark corner with three plasma TVs? You literally can’t see any streetside.

1 Like

Del Irani co-hosting with Virginia this week.
Virginia said we are camping in Sydney for the next few weeks.

Georgina Tunny is presenting weather this week.

3 Likes

Its technically not a street side studio, but it comes off the main atrium as you enter the building.

Love this combo. Del should co-host more often.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the new set. I’d love to see one of the breakfast shows adopt the CBS round table for a more conversational style.

6 Likes

Caps from the Sydney set

5 Likes

I like the strips of orange in the usual set.

Michael Rowland is returning on Monday.

2 Likes