ABC New Year's Eve Coverage

Let’s Hope ABC’s NYE Coverage Critical Reception will be Much Better than the Last Three Years they did which they had Negative Reviews.

First Caps

2 Likes

Let’s hope the picture quality is a little more HD before midnight…

2 Likes

In HD

5 Likes

The HD looks excellent.

1 Like

HD is looking good right now as I type…

I had to admit I was a little concerned when ABC News NSW which was presented live from Circular Quay WASN’T HD.

1 Like

What’s with that weird “@” symbol in the corner though? :confused:

UPDATE: It has since disappeared.

2 Likes

Those not on AEDT can watch 720p HD coverage from 8.30pm AEDT on YT

Last year’s HD stream had the similar SydNYE watermark

2 Likes

Agree. HD looking really good right now.

1 Like

I’m watching ABC New Year’s Eve broadcast and about a minute into it and it’s that bad I wanna throw up at the back of my mouth it’s that bad

3 Likes

Not tuning in until the Midnight Fireworks.

Does anyone want to predict how long it’ll be until News Corp does their annual “Viewers slam the ABC’s pathetic New Years Eve coverage” article? Personally I give it an hour! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Hoping another network picks it up next year. Only tune in just before Midnight

1 Like

Facebook stream.

2 Likes

I don’t blame all of you I do that to only skip the family fireworks and the pub quiz :wink:

Almost forget to mention ABC Radio is doing its own NYE coverage this year, including a countdown with Dave O’Neil for all five timezones across the country. It’s only on analogue radio from 11pm in 702 Sydney, 774 Melbourne and 666 Canberra, and from 10pm on 612 Brisbane. If you are not interested in the TV coverage this one is for you.

:sleeping: It has just started in QLD and it is so boring. TBH, I hope another network does it (I think there would be less pre-schooled performances) next year.

Why can’t children have part of the three and a half hours of the broadcast?

2 Likes

Have a look at the carols. They have children’s sections which are brief and adequate. I don’t think we’re saying no children performances but just limit it. Having that annoying Hoot talking for an hour is such a switch off.

3 Likes

Well they did limit it between 8.30pm and just after 9pm when they had the family fireworks.

1 Like