ABC New Year's Eve Coverage

Pub quiz in hd… good to see abc studios have hd output.

2 Likes

And The Pub Quiz is better this year with better editing in the sections where they are writing down the answers. Perfect show for New Year’s Eve.

1 Like

…and here’s news.com.au’s annual article on the coverage for 2016! http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/abcs-new-years-eve-coverage-divides-viewers/news-story/571cad03e2d139773931ef666c004824?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Twitter

5 Likes

I am giving the fireworks a miss this year.

Wow, they’re at it before the actual main event has been put on air!

3 Likes

Who’d have thought?! I’d like to see them have a go. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It should be noted that the article says: And once again their coverage fell flat with some viewers.

That’s “some” viewers. Big whoop! Any networks screening it would have “some” critics and they did in the past.

By printing the tweets of random knockers they forget to mention/correct the tweets from idiots who say the City of Sydney “awards” the coverage to the ABC. The fact is, it goes out to a tender. The other networks don’t even want to to do the coverage any more.

4 Likes

Happy New Year, everyone!

3 Likes

It’s absolutely pathetic and lazy journalism, but probably to be expected from News Corp really.

And yeah, I’m pretty sure that the City Of Sydney actually produces the coverage.

2 Likes

Happy New Year to you from Perth! It’s only 9:08 at the moment here, but to all here at MediaSpy, Happy New Year! :slight_smile: :sunglasses::loudspeaker::sparkles::sparkler::fireworks::balloon::tada:

10 Likes

The Closing Credits on the coverage just said it was an ABC “Original” production.

4 Likes

Kinda like this?

3 Likes

Every time I went to check out ABC’s evening they seemed to be running promos or adverts of some sort and it was the same ones each time.

That’s the one!

1 Like

Yeah, the promos were incredibly annoying. I guess they needed to fill in the time.

Now they’ve got a very reasonable selection of music playing on Rage. Good stuff.

I would think that anything with this watermark is produced by City of Sydney. The rest is ABC Original.

5 Likes

At least the promos were all in HD as well

ABC’s New Year’s Eve coverage divides viewers

Happy New Year to everyone at Media Spy.

2 Likes

Well the Watermark in the lower Right was certainly also present on all international broadcasts I’ve seen:

4 Likes