ABC Local Radio

Looks like it’s at 2 Horwood Place Parramatta.

Thanks for the link glen2006!

1 Like

Focus on Sydney 2020

At 10.00am Monday 16 March Cassie McCullagh presents a special edition of ABC Radio Sydney’s Focus program live from the ABC’s new Western Sydney newsroom.

Cassie will talk to representatives from Parramatta, Liverpool, Cumberland and Fairfax councils about how Sydney’s west is managing the enormous growth it has seen over recent years.

It’s the first broadcast from the ABC’s expanded Western Sydney newsroom, which comes on line this week.

In a major upgrade from the previous Parramatta office, the new newsroom is equipped for video and audio news production and editing and has space for 12 staff.

This will include two ABC NEWS Local Communities Reporters, who will focus on finding and telling the stories of Western Sydney’s many diverse communities.

Under a partnership with Western Sydney University journalism students will also be able to do work experience in the newsroom as part of their course work.

Beginning last night and for the next three weeks ABC NEWS will examine the state of the “great Australian dream” in a series of special reports on the Sunday NSW 7pm News.

Sydney 2020 examines the housing market, the pressure on Sydney’s transport networks and whether the grand plans for the west will deliver for the next generation.

1 Like

As part of the ABC response to COVID-19 - the vast majority of ABC radio stations have stopped having in-studio guests to practice social distance. Many guests have been either on phone, Skype or via Tieline app - aside from other ABC staffers.

2 Likes

Could some of the NRL broadcasts have just one caller due to social distancing? Like for example just Andrew Moore or Richard Svenson in NSW, or Quentin Hull in Brusbane?

1 Like

I dare say that will be all via tieline watching the telecast. Roy and HG style.

1 Like

Great trial to save costs permanently.

Sporting legends Roy & H.G. return to ABC

When too much sport is barely enough, the ABC has today announced that Rampaging Roy Slaven (John Doyle) and H.G. Nelson (Greig Pickhaver) will be on the radio just in time for the footy season, to present Bludging on the Blindside.

Kicking off this Saturday, Roy & H.G. return to the place where it all began, albeit four floors below triple j, to their spiritual home on ABC Radio.

Bludging on the Blindside with Roy & H.G. will dissect the sporting world, blow the cover off the big issues and give you all the knowledge you need to sound like a sporting aficionado at your weekend BBQ.

“With the world spinning out of control, blighted by climate change, economic train wrecks, incompetent governance, pestilence, species extinctions and intolerance, it’s a great opportunity for H.G. and myself to steady the ship by applying the slide rule of common sense to the simple passion that unites the world – our respect and love for the healing balm that is Rugby League”, said Roy Slaven.

“Roy and I are humbled by this opportunity to put our shoulders to the Rugby League ambition of bringing world peace and harmony through violence and chaos. I had tears in my eyes when the light turned green for two bludgers with bugger all to offer to be part of something we can all be part of!”, said H.G. Nelson

Nick Morris, Manager, ABC Sport, said, “Having spent my formative years as an avid listener, I am really delighted Roy & H.G. are once again back on ABC Radio so audiences, new and old, can enjoy their unique take on the sporting issues of the day.”

Bludging on the Blindside will air at midday (AEDT) on Saturdays on ABC Radio & ABC Grandstand in NSW, QLD & the ACT, and the ABC listen app (via the Grandstand button) from March 14 until October 3.

ABC Radio in regional Victoria is taking Virginia Trioli’s morning show from ABC Melbourne this week, starting today at 8am with Premier Daniel Andrews’ press conference at Parliament Gardens in Melbourne CBD.

ABC Radio in regional Queensland (except Gold Coast) is now taking the 10am and 11am hour from Annie Gaffney on the Sunshine Coast for the timebeing.

Which bumped AM out if the 8am time slot.

A number of ABC Local Stations practicing ‘broadcasting from home’ methods from today.

In Brisbane - Loretta Ryan was co-hosting the Breakfast show from her home with Craig Zonca in the studio.

On the Gold Coast - Tom Forbes was co-hosting the Breakfast show from his home with Nicole Dyer in the studio.

Not sure if other stations with dual presenter shows have followed the same.

With the NRL and AFL seasons suspended, ABC has reduced the hours of Grandstand and added a drive show today. This could be the Saturday afternoon schedule for the next few weeks.
12pm Bludging on the Blindside
2pm The Lead (AFL discussion show) / Grandstand NRL
4pm Drive with Dom Knight

EDIT 29/3: Weekends with Andrea Gibbs, which is normally streamed online during the NRL and AFL seasons (as the ABC doesn’t have the rights to stream its AFL broadcast on its website), is being aired on ABC Local Radio today from 2pm to 4pm AEDT.

3 Likes

It looks like the Digital and stream afternoon shows will now be heard on AM/FM as well from this weekend. Sport programming still remaining in some form between 12pm and 2pm each Saturday and Sunday - before it continues for the rest of the afternoon on Digital Radio and online.

From this week on Saturdays - It’s Just Not Cricket with Glyn Greensmith, followed by Saturday Drive with Kat Davidson.

And on Sundays - Weekends with Andrea Gibbs, followed by Sunday Drive from this week will be with Angela Catterns.

5 Likes

Saturday schedule
12pm Bludging on the Blindside
2pm It’s Just Not Cricket
3pm Saturday Drive with Kat Davidson

In Victoria and Tasmania, AFL preview show The Lead has temporarily moved from Saturday to Sunday afternoon as of today (April 5), replacing Grandstand Footy Forum.

2 Likes

I listened to a few minutes of Australia All Over this morning. It’s exactly the same as it was twenty years ago, same theme song and the highlights of the phone calls sounded the same. This show needs to be put out to pasture.

7 Likes

Yeah, had it on at times this morning and he was really giving me the shits with his constant whinging about daylight saving and how much he hates it. It’s not a difficult concept nor as hard as he was making it out to be.

7 Likes

Ironic that Macca is the quintessential rural style announcer yet he’s one of Oatley’s most famous residents!

4 Likes

It was great to hear Angela Catterns back on ABC this afternoon.

2 Likes

Angela is also now the ABC North Coast (Lismore) Saturday Breakfast presenter - last weekend being her first weekend back on-air all round.

2 Likes

Appears this has now changed; Scott Levi on breakfast from 5:30-9am (breaking for AM at 8am), then Wendy & Robbie in the 9-10am hour

2 Likes