ABC Local Radio

She presented mornings on 702 ABC Sydney (as it was known then) from 2008 to 2011.

2 Likes

Alicia Loxley will be filling in for Raf Epstein from Monday.

4 Likes

Amanda Shalala is sitting across from me at the SCG for the Swans vs Eagles match. #starstruck

2 Likes

ABC Sydney DAB+ logo. What is it with the ABC and their ‘rough-as-guts’ DAB+ slideshow graphics image for their ABC Sydney DAB+ transmission? Surely their graphics department could have produced a professional logo for their DAB+ transmission. The image is blury & inconsistent in colour as one might expect with a very heavy compressed small jpg file. An 8 year old could have probably done better. Then the red logo isn’t cited exactly in the centre of the white background.

Whilst the ABC’s logo looks okay on their web pages I really think the ABC should have thought a little more about the appearance for radios capable of displaying DAB slideshow images/logos.
The logo really does look like a representation of the Japanese national flag (The Rising Sun - Hinomaru).
I thought the ABC was the Australian National Broadcaster and not part of the Japanese government?!

Perhaps the ABC should consider redesigning their ABC Sydney DAB slideshow images to something similar with what 2GB or Southern Cross does to promote their various announcers/programs with a cleaner and not so prominent logo.

1 Like

Ohhh, the fun to be had with this! Pandora’s box, another topic indeed.

2 Likes

Looking at the source code of a playlist file for ABC radio streaming, I discovered that Media Hub Australia is providing the stream.

What a shame, you think the ABC, the size it is could handle streaming in house.

it’s probally a case of being forced to

1 Like

Does the ABC not control their own radio switching any more? e.g making sure 720 Perth gets an updated version of The World Today at 12:05 WST and so on? Delaying SA/NT program by 30/90 mins and so on.

By who? Bundled in the TV master control contract?

Remember the ABC own half of Mediahub.

1 Like

ABC radio news is carrying a rather obscure news item today, the death in the US of rapper https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XXXTentacion_discography

I see only fleeting success in Australia.

No listings of his work on Nova, SCA, The Edge playlists.

Died age 20.

This guy was no Biggie Smalls (or he was no Notorious B.I.G. pardon the pun!) yet ABC are winding up their crocodile tears for him in bulletins.

1 Like

Plus from what I’ve heard, he was a total fucking shitbag.

1 Like

You don’t think the death of an artist that had the #3 album in the country a couple of months ago is news?
I don’t think his music would be suited for commercial radio use, either.

Absolutely. But that doesn’t stop his death being news. Same when Weinstein croaks.

1 Like

I had kids refuse to do their work because of his death. FFS!

1 Like

On the Gold Coast, Julie Clift is filling in for Bern Young for the next month on Breakfast (including the early portion simulcast to Brisbane and Sunshine Coast) who is off to have some corrective surgery done on her nose. Kim Dennison is filling in on Saturday Breakfast.

Sack them.

2 Likes

And again Chloe Maxwell misses out.

Yes, the former model ‘discovered’ by ACA who went on to a long and successful modelling career.

She took to radio in 2017 like a duck to water, both on air and producing.

Unfortunately, internal politics has pushed Chloe to the outer which is a big loss for a station that needs all the talent it can get.

A pretend serious news/hybrid adult alt music format that outside of the 9 hours local shifts is duplicated by the 612 and 94.5 signals to the north and south respectively that both overspill so well into the Gold Coast?

More movement on the Gold Coast - Drive presenter Matt Webber is now heading off for a few months to do some digital work for ABC. Cathy Border will be presenting Drive in his absence from Monday.

2 Likes

ABC Gold Coast is official radio partner of this years Gold Coast Marathon and will be broadcasting from the event live locally on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. Sunday’s edition simulcast will also air nationally on Grandstand Digital.

Former 2UE announcer and producer David Prior is now at ABC Radio.

1 Like