ABC Local Radio

I don’t think most of the websites have been updated yet.

Anywho here are the high resolution logos direct from the ABC:

3 Likes

The old websites have been updated though, removing the reference to the frequency and using the new station names.

I’m guessing that we’ll probably see (and hear!) the full effects of the branding changes later this morning. There’s still social media accounts to be changed over, not to mention stuff on Digital Radio.

1 Like

Will be interesting what they call Melbourne’s station on digital - ABCRadioMelbourne is 1 character too long for a DAB station name.

1 Like

New websites will launch soon after the rebrand to make it easier to listen to content on more devices. In some parts of the Perth website, it still says the frequency name. The copyright date haven’t been updated to 2017 either for some reason. I think the reason why it still says Radio is because, to show it’s part of their Radio label.

ABC 720 Perth are now saying ‘ABC Radio Perth’ as of 12:46am due to a bushfire warning annoucement. It cut though the program ‘Overnights’ before returning back to the program.

It also appears that presenters are now saying ‘ABC Radio’ now. Was that always the case, or was it always the call sign too?

The call signs eg. 6WF for 720 ABC Perth hasn’t been used for YEARS.

I think the use of “ABC Radio Perth” was only intended to start today, replacing “720 ABC Perth”.

Apologies, I mixed up frequencies for call signs. My bad! :stuck_out_tongue: Though the use of “ABC Radio Perth” has started in the early morning, promos still say “720 ABC Perth”, but I’d imagine that will change later in the day.

ABC Radio Sydney’s Facebook Page has updated their profile picture with the new logo, and for some reason it doesn’t say “Radio” in the name!

I guess they’ve also decided to drop “Radio” from the other states too maybe?

Other state pages are also following suit, with Canberra, Darwin, and Melbourne now with the new look.

Guess we’ll find out over the next day or two as things get tweaked, both on and off air.

You had one job: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
4 Likes

On digital radio it’s “ABC SYDNEY” now (was “702 ABC Sydney”). Don’t know why they’ve gone with all caps.

Still running the old logo on the DAB+ slideshow although knowing that the old RN logo is also being used for that station’s DAB+ slideshow, perhaps I shouldn’t be too surprised.

Looks like the ABC Central Coast is the only non-metro station to get a new logo

3 Likes

Here in Adelaide, they’ve started calling 891 “ABC Adelaide” on air, and they’ve changed the service label on Digital Radio to “ABC ADELAIDE”. No change to the slideshow.

Good to see that they’ve sorted out their website, but they’ve been sending “ABC Radio Adelaide - It’s where you live” in their dynamic label loop all day. Whoops.

Edit: They changed the slideshow at about 8:30 today.

1 Like

Has ABC Radio updated their logos officially?

Noticed via the TuneIn app.

Very different, I suppose they were due for a change.

I think there’s a new on-air theme/package with it. Certainly introducing the traffic reports.

[774 ABC Melbourne]

Have you read the last approx 100 posts in this topic?
The answer is yes, they went live at the start of this week.

10 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed since the change is the wording in Tasmania. For example they used to say “you’re listening to 936 ABC Hobart and ABC Northern Tasmania” but now it is “ABC Radio Hobart and around Tasmania” for the statewide programs. Local programs still calll it ABC Northern Tasmania.

Useless in Tas that branding rule, it’s either from Hobart or Launceston, they only have two stations.

I would like to see more budget for local shifts (within the state) for evenings, weekends and holidays.