ABC Local Radio

Because they’re not pages for just radio content - rather a hub for all ABC content relevant to that city.

1 Like

Pretty sure the new 666 website is the format being rolled out nationwide. Remember, only local radio is rebranding. The existing umbrella ABC Radio brand (with the purple and the green) is most likely is staying as is - perhaps with a new logo switched in. Likewise, RN got their rebrand only a few years ago.

3 Likes

ABC 720 Perth’s Facebook page has also been renamed to ABC Perth.

Spotted the new logo in the background on one of their latest posts:

Who are those 2 women in the studio photo and what are there for? Guest topic?

According to the post, they are Sabrina and Sinead and they are there to answer gardening questions, so I’d say that’s the topic.

1 Like

According to ABC’s profile, Peter Bell started at 720 in October. In the most recent survey his show was the No.1 breakfast show in Perth with a 13% share.

Will there be any more local shifts as of tomorrow?

Sick of a statewide breakfast show until 9am.

Would like local metro breakfast and other day shifts. When do they return?

ABC should keep local programming on over the holidays to combat the no show of commercial talkback mostly on cricket. Least it would be on digital for ABC

Why would they keep the full suite of local programming during a time when fewer people will listen? And their staff need a holiday too. (It’s not all about us, as the listeners.)

2 Likes

Ah ok that makes sense, I just felt the updated website would look similar to the new ‘About’ page on the ABC website with the new corporate oneABC typeface, and the updated bottom banner that I’ve rambled on about so many times :stuck_out_tongue:

Regarding the look of the Radio and RN brand, since the ABC has been recently reintroducing the classic ABC logo in proporties, I’d imagine minors tweaks to both logos to reflect that, not so much full rebrands as that’s not required at the moment.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any other promotion of the new look since the December teaser trailer, without that much fanfare to go with it. I wonder if they’ll be any video to promote it tomorrow, though I guess a new logo is enough for a Radio station. :slight_smile:

New logos and websites normally only generate excitement here in MS land :blush:

5 Likes

Ahaha yea, as a person hoping to be a Graphic Designer one day, Logos, Branding, Identities and Websites always excite me! :smile:

If any of you are just as interested as me either in branding and logo design, I highly suggest you check out Brand New :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck with your career prospects, sounds good :+1:

1 Like

As far as the new ABC Local Radio branding is concerned, personally I’d be more interested to know what the changes will sound like on air.

Obviously presenters will be saying things like “You’re listening to ABC Radio Sydney, ABC Radio Canberra and ABC Local Radio across NSW” (or words to that effect) on programing from tomorrow, but as far as promos and IDs are concerned?

2 Likes

I did hear something about “a new sound” in Facebook posts, and a new aural identity too:

Rebrands are usually done to change more than just the logo, so I wonder how it will now sound On-Air post rebrand. Hopefully someone will be able to record some of the new Audio IDs tomorrow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like they’ve started to update things on the website:

Note that the non-metro stations have retained the previous branding (as expected?).

Also 92.5 Central Coast is to start streaming soon? Currently leads to a 404 page.

2 Likes

Non-Metro Stations are expected to update their visual and aural identities sometime later in 2017.

A taste of the new visual identity from the website:

Yes some broken links/missing images but it’s mostly there…

A shame ABC’s site still wants the Flash Player to stream audio.

I thought they made an agreement to not call it “Radio Adelaide”?

2 Likes

That’s the same on the Perth website too. I’d say that’ll be updated, as that’s using an older website layout with the grey colour. I guess the ABC just decided to add ‘Radio’ to signify it’s part of their label, kinda like ‘Radio Australia’.