ABC Local Radio

I have no problem with Australia All Over in general and it’s a great program… on all the weeks where others are hosting and it doesn’t have Macca. Macca is the problem with it, he makes the whole program unlistenable and is getting worse - I feel it’s more a case of they say he’s popular and people believe he’s popular but I reckon there’d be a lot disagreeing there.

5 Likes

Yes the Moree township has a very high noise floor due to old electrical infostructure. PS the strongest ABC AM Radio signal is 4QW 711 from St George but all are too weak for my bedside radio

4 Likes

Unlike old household furniture that can be replaced or updated to freshen up a home, Macca’s like the built-in wardrobe of ABC house.

3 Likes

Complete with the smell of mothballs.

2 Likes

ABC Melbourne weekday line-up 3/7 - 7/7
Breakfast: Andrew Hansen (Monday-Thursday) / Charlie Pickering (Friday)
Mornings: Ali Moore
Conversation Hour: Nic Healey (Brian Nankervis on Thursday - NAIDOC Week special)
Afternoons: Jacinta Parsons (Monday-Thursday) / Jacinta Parsons and Brian Nankervis (Friday)
Drive: Madeleine Morris
Evenings: David Astle (Monday-Thursday) / Sirine Demachkie (Friday)
Nightlife: Philip Clark (Monday-Thursday) / Suzanne Hill (Friday)
Overnights: Trevor Chappell (Monday-Thursday) / Tim Webster (Friday)

4 Likes

Minor change with Tegan now doing Mornings instead, and John Manning (ex-NQ Cowboys NRL player now radio producer/presenter) doing Afternoons.

2 Likes

ABC execs head scratching over terrible audience numbers and yet goes back to Moore time and time again.

Fran Kelly is filling in for Sarah McDonald on Sydney Mornings for the next 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Ali Moore is filling in for Rafael Epstein on ABC Melbourne drive this week.

1 Like
3 Likes

“I have loved – more than anything I’ve ever done in my life – working on Afternoons,” Parsons tells The Age. “But sometimes life dictates. You have to make decisions and … those decisions have to be divorced from your fear of how hard it will be.

It was far from an easy decision, Parsons says. After all, she loves talkback radio so much she’s doing her PhD on it. But COVID-19 lockdowns and the separation from her partner of 25 years changed her life in ways she never expected, forcing her to embrace solitude and focus on her family and health (she lives with Crohn’s disease, a chronic inflammatory bowel condition).

“I’ve got responsibilities that are really tricky to meet when you’re doing a 15-hour-a-week live radio program. That is such a big job,” Parsons says. “We’re getting better at recognising, post-pandemic, what we actually have to do to put in the right things for a good life.”

2 Likes

Nicole Chvastek, who hosted ABC Victoria statewide drive for 11 years, has resigned. Chvastek’s lawyer, Mark Comito of Stal Employment Lawyers, confirmed to The Guardian Australia that she had resigned and her bullying application against the ABC had been discontinued. Chvastek lodged the claim in May.

UPDATE 24/7: The Australian reports Chvastek had reached a confidential settlement with the ABC.

1 Like

Any chance Dee Dee, recently axed by 3aw, fills this slot?
Would make sense for ABC to try and grab some of her pretty big following.

One would think so but there is one major hurdle. Dee Dee is closer to the right than ABC’s left wing narrative. She doesn’t suffer fools, she is her own person and would not play the game of supporting the left view like the ABC proudly spews across the airwaves.

1 Like

More to the point: why would she want to move into regional radio?

Ross Sully was filling in for Josh Szeps yesterday afternoon (and will on Monday as well). He seemed to have really divided listeners because he read out a text from someone complaining how boring his show sounded while another listener was enjoying it.

1 Like

Jacinta Parsons was on Melbourne afternoon’s not regional.

Majority of the afternoon programme is broadcast across Victoria. Has been for decades.

Point is though Dee Dee wouldnt be moving into regional. The show is Melbourne based.

It’s entirely the point, audience is made of regionals.