A-League Rights 2021/22 - 2025/26

Huge for the game

Could be, although it could also be Australian rights as well.

1 Like

This is the problem when brands are rolled out globally. If only CBS had an on demand brand of somesort which could easily be adapted to each local market by prefixing it with a local channel.

Are the Y-League and E-League included in this deal as well? As in the Youth and gaming leagues or are they seperate with the FFA?

Yes, the Y-League would be streamed on Paramount+ if it comes back. Same would be for a potential women’s Y-League in the future.

The E-League I’m not sure about. I believe it is FA run, and broadcast on Twitch.tv.

The Asian Football Confederation announced overnight it has signed a deal with CBS Sports, with Paramount+ to stream the AFC competitions and Asian World Cup qualifiers in the US, Canada, Bermuda and certain US territories.

2 Likes

Their extensive portfolio of football properties in the US now includes UEFA club competitions; NWSL; Concacaf national team competitions (Men’s World Cup Qualifiers, Women’s World Cup Qualifiers, Men’s Nations League, and Women’s Nations League); Italy’s Serie A; Argentina’s Liga Profesional de FĂștbol; Brazil’s Campeonato BrasileirĂŁo SĂ©rie A; and AFC competitions (AFC Asian Qualifiers – Road to Qatar, AFC Champions League, AFC Women’s Asian Cup and AFC Asian Cup).

Fox in the US has the rights to the World Cup (both men’s and women’s), ESPN La Liga and NBC Premier League. Viacom has an extensive football portfolio

2 Likes

Amazon was rumoured to get the rights last week before Optus got them

I thought that was for Socceroos rights?

1 Like

For the Socceroos and Matildas non-world cup internationals. Amazon and SBS are still the favourites for that. Seven are expected, along with 10, to bid for the FTA WWC rights. It’s all a separate process.

On the way to Paramount+?

That’s almost a given now

Since my other post seems to have gone missing

That’s step 1 done.
Step 2 - get Simon Hill.
Step 3 - get Santo, Sam and Ed.
Optional Step 4 - sponsor the Newcastle Jets. :wink:
Real Step 4 - do not employ Bosnich, Harper or that other twit people whinge about.

2 Likes

Step 5. Get someone like Adam Peacock as well. They need as many high profile (and good) talents they can get.

No way known NBN will allow that :wink:

1 Like

NBN hasn’t sponsored the Jets in years. WIN has, probably out of obligation to Ten.

1 Like

What?

WIN has sponsored the Jets in recent years.