A Dog's World

A Dog’s World with Tony Armstrong

Starts Tuesday 22 March at 8:30pm

In this exciting 3-part series, dog-lover and ABC News Breakfast sports presenter Tony Armstrong takes us on a journey into the incredible world of our four-legged friends.

A Dog’s World with Tony Armstrong features interviews with the world’s top canine researchers, shining a light on dogs’ fascinating evolutionary journey, revealing their amazing super senses, as well as providing the practical advice needed to have the happiest and healthiest pooch in the park.

“When I was approached about the possibility of being involved in A Dog’s World, I don’t even think I got to the end of the email before I was agreeing to take part,” says Tony. “It was amazing being involved in the project, I learned a lot and I hope everyone who watches enjoys it as much as we enjoyed making it!”

Through genetics, neuroscience, behavioural and physiological research A Dog’s World will uncover the mounting evidence for what makes dogs unique among animals and an unparalleled companion for humans.

Production credits: Produced by WildBear Entertainment in association with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation . Presenter – Tony Armstrong. Director – Emma Watts. Writer / Director – Rosyln Lawrence. Executive Producers – Kate Pappas, Alan Erson. ABC Head of Factual and Culture – Jennifer Collins. ABC Commissioning Editor – Leo Faber.

https://twitter.com/ABCTV/status/1496296340950761475?s=20&t=YBfPaXfCsR0Jn9OzORpsnA

Episode 1 - Friendship - explores the scientific journey of canine evolution from wild wolf to our best friend and traces the fascinating history of the human/dog relationship. Dogs were the first animal ever domesticated and this long-shared alliance has intertwined their biology with ours.

Friendship explores another question that is top of mind for every dog owner, do our dogs really love us or are dogs simply attached to us because we provide them things like food and shelter? Scientists reveal new data that provides an emphatic answer to this most pressing question.

1 Like

Tuesdays will be popular with dog lovers with The Dog House Australia starting in March at 7.30 also on Tuesday.

1 Like

Episode 2

Tuesday 5 April 8.30pm

Tony Armstrong takes us on a journey into the incredible world of our four-legged friends. Tonight, scientists reveal that dogs experience life in unique and incredible ways.

In the second episode of this exciting 3-part series, dog-lover and ABC News Breakfast sports presenter Tony Armstrong takes us on a journey into the incredible world of our four-legged friends.

A Dog’s World with Tony Armstrong features interviews with the world’s top canine researchers, shining a light on dogs’ fascinating evolutionary journey, revealing their amazing super senses, as well as providing the practical advice needed to have the happiest and healthiest pooch in the park.

Tonight’s episode - Super Senses - features recent scientific breakthroughs that reveal the unique and incredible ways that our four-legged friends experience the world. Dogs use smell, hearing and sight very differently from us. In this episode, we take a fascinating journey into the minds of

1 Like

ABC uploaded a whole segment from Gogglebox

1 Like