A Current Affair

Do you believe they actually will?

In this case because it’s not from one of the rag magazines, l think its true wouldn’t be surprised we will see her doing some reporting for 60 Minutes this year.

1 Like

If Seven News Sydney and for that matter, 10 News First want people currently associated with Nine News Sydney, they should go after rising stars such as Jayne Azzopardi, Kelly Fedor, Chris O’Keefe, Sophie Walsh & Tiffiny Genders. These people are the future of Sydney TV news, not Sylvia Jefferies, Natalia Cooper (both of whom were TCN’s rising stars about 5 years ago, but joining Today changed all that of course) or the Stefanovic brothers.

Yep, I agree.

With Leila McKinnon residing in Byron Bay, I imagine Sylvia will become Grimshaw’s replacement on those occasions when Leila isn’t able to make the trek from Byron.

10 Likes

I thought she had great potential. Watched her as Perth’s weather presenter for years and always thought she did very well.

2 Likes

Both have been around for years, so they would probably be flattered to be called “rising stars”.

1 Like

Better than “falling stars”. :wink:

I know the reporters I’ve mentioned are hardly newcomers to Nine, but the term “rising star” was used because they’re potentially destined for bigger & better things on Australian TV in the future.

Think of it in the same way that Ken Sutcliffe was considered to be a “rising star” after he succeeded Mike Gibson and shot to national prominence on Graham Kennedy’s News Show/Coast To Coast in the Late '80s, even though Ken had been at Nine for some time before then. Or more recently, when Sarah Harris was slowly building her profile at Nine (probably in a not dissimilar position to the one Jayne Azzopardi is in now) but has become even bigger on Studio 10! :slight_smile:

Thursday-
Leila McKinnon is hosting while Tracy is on assignment.

1 Like

Sylvia’s first report tonight it seems…

6 Likes

last week the proms had yellow bits but on air nothing new

this is it not the best shot tho

Updated logo

the yellow

1 Like

Graphics update?

yes but on in the proms

Yellow:

3 Likes

THE FIGHT TO KEEP YOUR KIDS SAFE

MONDAY 25 FEBRUARY at 7 PM

This Monday in an A Current Affair special event, Tracy Grimshaw confronts the alarming, growing problem of online cybersecurity and children, and how paedophiles are using all manner of technology in order to prey on them.

Grimshaw speaks with Detective Inspector Jon Rouse , the 2019 Queensland Australian of the Year who heads up Task Force Argos, Australia’s first operation which proactively investigates online child exploitation and abuse…

Rouse reveals the confronting and horrendous reality facing children in Australia – some as young as infants, while also suggesting ways in which families can mitigate any risks that seemingly harmless technology may pose towards youth.

In an extended special report, Grimshaw also sits down in-studio with Julie Inman Grant , the Australian government’s eSafety Commisioner, who will answer questions sent in by viewers concerned with their children’s safety.

Viewers may send in for questions for Julie Inman Grant mailto:aca@nine.com.au

2 Likes

Let me guess…this is being promoted as being “A story every parent and their children must watch” by Nine?

I don’t watch the show. But, from the promos I’ve seen, the content seems to be better this year.

1 Like

Tonight

mp4_000326780mp4_000400420mp4_000411340mp4_000436340mp4_000443140mp4_000750100mp4_000861300mp4_001169380

3 Likes