A Current Affair

Agreed.

2 Likes

Can’t be that private. She apparently does these features all the time.

http://archive.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp?s=2&c=1&t=90412
High-profile TV hosts such as Tracy Grimshaw or Seven’s Melissa Doyle are often featured on the covers of women’s magazines and their life stories are well known. Not so Robson who, apart from a few juicy scandals involving foul language and a criminal boyfriend, remains an enigma.

1 Like

Leila McKinnon is presenting tonight.

4 Likes

Leila said Tracy is on assignment.

5 Likes

Leila Mckinnon is hosting again tonight.

3 Likes

THANK YOU AUSTRALIA FOR MAKING US NO. 1 AT 7.00PM

THREE YEARS RUNNING

A Current Affair is the most watched program at 7.00pm, across Australia’s five mainland capital cities.

At the conclusion of the 25th week of the 40-week ratings year, A Current Affair has won 21 weeks (on weekly average audience), putting it in an unbeatable position.

It marks the third consecutive year that A Current Affair has been the most watched show in its timeslot in Australia’s five biggest cities.

A Current Affair currently has a year-to-date average audience of 828,000 viewers each weeknight across the 5 City Metro, well ahead of Home and Away (which only airs Monday to Thursday) on 781,000; ABC News on 712,000; and The Project 7pm on 549,000.

When Friday episodes are excluded, making a fairer comparison with Home and Away, the average weeknight audience for A Current Affair rises to 872,000 across the 5 City Metro.

Monday episodes of A Current Affair, the highest rating night of the week, have averaged 944,000 viewers per episode across the 5 City Metro in 2017.

Grant Williams, Deputy Director of News and Current Affairs for Nine, said: “The entire team at A Current Affair continually strives to provide our audience with a program that is not just informative, but also relevant and helpful in their everyday lives. Our viewers are incredibly loyal and we need to repay that by being just as loyal to them. That’s why we’re out there every day of the year telling their stories and fighting for a fair go when they’ve been hard done by. A huge thank you to all our viewers right across the country for making us number one at 7pm.”

Some regional ratings info has been removed as per agreement with OzTAm only metro number published. However, that section did not make any claim about ACA being number one in the regions or metro+regional.

2 Likes

@TV.Cynic , when the article says:

Do they mean ACA is number one nationally? Surely, not number 1 in every single metro?

It’s a bit iffy to me too, they definitely wouldn’t be #1 in Perth and probably still behind in Adelaide as well. The first sentence uses “across” which is more accurate IMO.

2 Likes

Don’t think ACA would outrate TT in Adelaide and especially in Perth.

In the context of Nine Network ratings PR speak, I think “Australia’s #1” actually just means “The East Coast’s #1”!

I means that ACA is number one for the total of the OzTAM 5 metro market not in each individual market.

The headline should more accurately read “Thank you Sydney, Melbourne and SE Queensland”. :wink:

1 Like

They’re not in the same timeslot are they? This is gloating about being the most watched at 7pm.

ACA is behind both TT at 6:30pm and H&A at 7pm in Perth/Adelaide.

Of course Seven have something to say about this…

4 Likes

An ‘exclusive’ tonight about a ‘twist’ in a high profile missing child case, but a Google search finds that the suppressed information was widely known from the first day. Not really an exclusive for ACA.

2 Likes

http://tvtonight.com.au/2017/08/oops-aca-mistakes-indonesia-for-the-philippines.html

6 Likes

Maybe the case but all media outlets were playing catchup following the ACA report.

1 Like

The Prime Minister did an in-studio interview with Tracy tonight, which is great to see.

6 Likes

Nine’s ACA promo ender in Darwin is the generic background, they don’t have a localised background as they do in the metropolitan capitals. I wonder why, it shouldn’t be too difficult to make an extra one?

I also noticed in the 6pm news they keep using the “Tonight” version, they didn’t use a “Next” one like I think they do in the metros.

6 Likes

We need to see more of this because…

1. Tracy is a fantastic interviewer
  2. Discussing big political issues and world issues will help the show not to look like a poor-man’s version of TT.
9 Likes