A Current Affair

It’ll be this: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/quiz-show-master-cary-young-claims-he-may-have-been-dudded-by-former-wheel-of-fortune-host-rob-elliott/news-story/6f8d95a5c9aa8c54caa961f0ab516a9b

2 Likes

Having just seen it, I think Nine actually got Pete Smith to do the voiceover for that ACA promo.

1 Like

The one I saw did actually say “This is Pete Smith speaking” at the end of it and it was definitely recorded just for this with Pete Smith. I don’t think anybody could do that voice the same way.

1 Like

I thought it may have been him … I didn’t quite catch the end bit…

Old Tony Barber is getting on. I thought he looked worse than Pete Smith. Maybe Pete’s secret to staying youthful is having a houseful of items from Copperart… Thank you Mr Copperart!

4 Likes

Sydney’s local ‘Tracy Grimshaw’ promo accidentally aired in QLD this morning. The shape of the ACA logo was the background for the text, such as ‘the issues’. Is this new as QLD doesn’t get this?

They definitely aired this promo last night in Queensland during pre-game. Had “Queensland’s No. 1 Nightly Current Affairs Program” or something along those lines.

3 Likes

Leila McKinnon is hosting while Tracy is having a short break.

1 Like

Tracy is always on holidays. Does she live in another state or something?

She lives in Melbourne right?

I think Tracy Grimshaw used to live in Melbourne (hence why ACA was presented from that city for a few years), but has since moved back to Sydney.

3 Likes

Tracy returned from holidays tonight.

2 Likes

Geez, the floor mic sounds very muffled.

1 Like

Nine probably doesn’t really care how she feels, as long as the network still has her and the (undeserved) top rating ‘Current Affairs’ show every weeknight.

I’d watch that. She’s a great interviewer but is wasted on ACA (as has been pointed out 1000* times)

*might be a slight exaggeration

7 Likes

She was apparently looking at making a move into radio.

2 Likes

Whenever Tracy Grimshaw decides to call it a day, you’d think Leila McKinnon is pretty much guaranteed to take over the ACA presenting chair?

In any case…while it’s no secret that I absolutely despise most of the “journalism” (and I use that term very loosely) on ACA, I still think Tracy Grimshaw is a pretty good presenter of the program. I just wish that Nine would better utilise her talents for things like interviewing, which she’s really good at!

8 Likes

Maybe play her favourite songs at 4:00pm on Saturdays on Smooth 95.3. But that’s only a 10 minute job each week.

3 Likes

Considering Tracy is such a private person, this will certainly be an interesting read - and good on her for doing this IMO.

4 Likes

To me she doesn’t look unwell it is just different hair colour and hairstyle she now has a fringe and yes the makeup is a lot heavier.

5 Likes