A Current Affair

2 Likes

He will appear in court on Monday May 1.
A report from Lizzie Pearl aired on Nine News Melbourne.

Both 7 and Nine had very similar reports that were both second in tonight’s running.

They ran first in Sydney.

1 Like

3rd report for Nine on Adelaide.

1 Like

Ten did a very good report on the story whereas, when I watched Seven, it felt as if network politics intruded their reporting. In fact, I would say that Seven’s report was a little sensationalist.

1 Like

That’s the level of their entire news service, it’s rubbish. Nine’s report was good.

3 Likes

Leila McKinnon presenting tonight as Tracy is on assignment.

4 Likes

What is this ‘assignment’. Didn’t want to front cameras?

6 Likes

ACA started with the story tonight. Leila reiterated what has been reported throughout the media and said that he was a 25 year veteran of the Nine Network and due to these allegations has since been suspended. McKinnon added that ACA does not condone the behaviour and assured audiences that they will report on this story with no fear or favour.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised. She may even be quite upset about the whole thing on a personal level. You must remember that these are work colleges and at the end of the day, possibly even friends just like anywhere.

10 Likes

People are friends with him at Nine and l could imagine it would be a shock to his work colleagues especially Tracy.

6 Likes

Some of the footage of ACA that Seven used in their report was of very dodgy quality and was probably ripped from the internet. Of course, their report & live cross here in Sydney was from Robert Ovadia.

Nine News Sydney had a full report from the top with Lizzie Pearl and a rather glitchy live cross from Jayne Azzopardi.

ACA themselves (with Leila McKinnon filling in while Tracy is “on assignment”) covered the arrest for about a minute at the top.

2 Likes

It was reported on Twitter that Ben Fordham talked about the story on his 2GB radio show after the 4:00pm news.

2 Likes

ABC News Queensland also covered the story.

I think ACA is incorrect however when they assert that the charges don’t reflect his behaviour within A Current Affair.

Much of what she said was straight from the statement 9 released this afternoon.

Direct quotes of the ACA on-air statement included:

I didn’t find it sensationalist. That’s the nature of this story, after the revelation that it involved a senior Nine journalist rather than an unnamed ACA staffer.

Ovadia’s report:

1 Like

Exactly. I might not be a fan of ACA, but I absolutely feel awful for what they must be going through.

5 Likes