A Current Affair

Ironically Tracy also transformed from Today Show host to ACA host!

2 Likes

How is Ally as the new host, the “Surprising new look”? There’s nothing surprising about that! Agree to disagree but I think its highly likely she will be in the main news studio tonight.

1 Like

Hearing a slightly new graphics look.

7 Likes

A tweaked graphics packaged will debut tonight. Nothing that will blow your socks off from what I’m told.

11 Likes

I assumed that based on the promo imaging. Same set or from the news set?

I believe it’s the same set. Not news

1 Like

Part of the new look is possibly Ally doing the pre-recorded interviews in the field we have seen. Possibly one each night at least for launch week that is heavily promoted at the key story of each day.

2 Likes

Ally said on Today this morning the last couple of weeks they have been travelling around the country filming interviews

1 Like

ACA welcomes Ally Langdon

Ally Langdon, one of Australia’s most fearless and respected journalists, will be behind the desk tonight when A Current Affair returns at 7.00pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

Australia’s No. 1 nightly public affairs program, which first aired on Channel 9 in 1971, is back for 2023 and will once again battle for the underdog, break big stories, feature agenda-setting interviews and undertake major investigations.

We will continue to get results for viewers when they have nowhere else to turn and provide information that makes a real difference in their lives.

This week you won’t want to miss the interview that brought Ally Langdon to tears. We’ll gain an emotional insight into one brave woman’s fight for survival at the hands of an ex. You’ll hear why she’s terrified he will strike again and learn of her campaign to protect her family and others. It comes after a shocking spate of fatal domestic violence attacks over Christmas and the New Year period.

A Current Affair goes on the front line with a police squad which has one of the most dangerous beats in Australia. Granted unprecedented access, our crew captures a dramatic game of hide and seek where one suspect is nabbed hiding under a couch.

And of course we’ll be featuring those classic ACA battles – the grandmothers fighting a serial pest, neighbours at war with homes built on top of each other, and Ally’s personal fight to help two pensioners battling for their financial survival.

Plus the celebs come out. Don’t miss our exclusive interviews with superstar Hugh Jackman and TV darling Delevene Delaney about her shock new role.

Fiona Dear, Executive Producer of A Current Affair, said: “The Current Affair team is excited to welcome Ally as our new host. And while we have a surprise new look, we’re still the same, listening to your stories and giving you the interviews that will get Australians talking. Bring on 2023.”

2 Likes

Ally Langdon will be speaking to Dee Dee on 3AW after the 2pm news.

She was also on i98fm here in Wollongong at around 7.15am.

2 Likes

I don’t care what Color it is. What i really want to see is a city scape or background that is less or not focused on Brisbane. I don’t ever want the logo to be too focused on Brisbane city.

I hope the new look shows a more independent background that doesn’t focus too much on Brisbane.

Is it actually Brisbane? Looks like a generic city skyline to me.

New promo just aired. Show coming from the ACA set (same as last year).
Back drop is much more orange too.

Sorry for bad quality pics.

3 Likes

Not really a fan but will wait to see a better quality image. What’s with the vertical line behind her shoulder?

Slightly better image - yes looks very orange - poor wardrobe choice?

10 Likes

I think it looks great. Stunning outfit.

1 Like

Could be a new desk at least, top looks a bit more rounded than the previous.

Reminds me of the old 2000 era backdrop:

I would have had her in a different colour than orange.

Possibly this is only a daylight savings backdrop too? When that ends, I’d imagine a bit less dusk looking based on the time the show airs?

2 Likes