A Current Affair

5 Likes

Most likely the current set.

Every single shot in that promo was shot for that promo, the interview itself I’m sure will look every bit as standard as usual.

4 Likes

They’ve literally reversed some shots ffs

This was only for the Australian release I believe, Stefanaovic had done something similar. Quite a few Dreamworks films did it to garner more publicity.

3 Likes

Yeah, also done by Rove MacManus, David Campbell, Fitzy and Wippa, Julia Morris and Dr Chris Brown etc.

3 Likes

New banner/look on social media

6 Likes

So its no longer Allison for promotion I see

3 Likes

It hasn’t been since the announcement.

4 Likes

Background looks more independent which i like. Unlike the old one which was too focused on the tall buildings of Brisbane. Over the past few years judging by the graphics i thought a current affair was based in Brisbane.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Another promo

13 Likes

Actually a really well made promo. Love the hits of nostalgia at the start

10 Likes

I like the roll call honouring the past presenters. NBC did that during the transition from Brokaw to Williams back in 2003

7 Likes

From Brekkie to Primetime.

10 Likes

I think we can confidently expect to see a new set tonight following the EP’s comments regarding a ‘surprise new look.’

Standing presentation will likely be included for at least part of the show.

It would be nice to see a move away from the red look as many have noted. A return to blue/gold would be refreshing, but I suppose they want to give a sense of continuity from the Tracey era.

From TVblackbox.com.au:

“The Current Affair team is excited to welcome Ally as our new host. And while we have a surprise new look, we’re still the same, listening to your stories and giving you the interviews that will get Australians talking. Bring on 2023.” - Fiona Dear, Executive Producer of A Current Affair.

10 Likes
6 Likes

I still feel its highly likely that the show will come from the news set. Whether its pre-recorded, I don’t know. But all the promos use that set and even that video of her entering the studio was the news set.

1 Like
2 Likes

Doubt it will look different visually. That video of Ally walking onto the news set was for those filmed promos. The “surprise new look” would be referencing Ally being the new host and perhaps some change in content?

3 Likes