A Current Affair

What the heck was that about?

1 Like

Maybe it’s something to do with the fact Ally will take over the show and doesn’t want it to seem like she (Tracy) had an influence on the decision… as in keeping her distance?

3 Likes

Or they just don’t like each other, the reality is not everyone will get along and I imagine Tracy wouldn’t be too happy with the possibility of her replacement after 17 years being someone who’s never earned her stripes on the program.

9 Likes

Perhaps yeah. It is an awkward moment. Ally puts her arms out rather than actually hugging Tracy, expecting Tracy to lean in and hug her… then quickly puts her hands in the air.

And yes as others have said Ally has never filled in on ACA, and probably isn’t Tracy’s choice, so maybe it’s about that.

3 Likes

Unless there is another Tracy? Tracey Curro maybe?

1 Like

A classy goodbye.

9 Likes

Nice show of ego there by Ally assuming Tracy would want a hug with her when they probably barely know each other.

1 Like

That’s a tad harsh.

2 Likes

They’ve both been at Nine for a long time, surely they would know each other?

I think it might be more around the attention ally has been getting around this ACA rumour. Ie it’s false and Tracey is pissed at the whole thing. Had become a distraction from Tracey’s departure.

Maybe Tracy was actually pushed out so is not happy about the speculation about her replacement.

1 Like

Back to Tracey’s farewell speech… It was so touching. And it nice seeing Daria the autocue writer giving her flowers and then coming back when Tracey finished saying goodnight. Not often we see these behind the scenes people often on the telly.

11 Likes

Don’t give Mr Ford any ideas! :joy:

1 Like

Really? Her totally snobbing Alison Langdon. I think not. Bad look and poor form from Tracy. Or should i say, true to form.

Do go on…

1 Like

Perhaps she didn’t want to be seen to endorse the new host before the official announcement is made on Sunday. She did flash her a smile and she didn’t embrace Deb Knight, either.

There’s never been a sniff of controversy around Tracy in the years she’s had a profile. Apart from the Gordon Ramsey incident and some rumours surrounding her private life, she’s one of those rare people who has largely stayed out of the gossip columns. You don’t even here about her contract renewals or speculation about her salary. I don’t think I’ve ever heard or read a bad word said about her.

9 Likes

Blind Freddie can see something is up.

1 Like

You could say the same about most media personalities too - Ally and Deb Knight too.

It’s only the egotistical types like Karl Stefanovic or Kyle Sandilands that get themselves into controversy from time to time. And those with personal issues like Andrew O’Keefe and Cameron Williams.

There were stories doing the rounds about Georgie and Deb having a strained relationship when they hosted Today.

I think that was mostly Georgie though. She is known for being a rather tough personality.

3 Likes