9Rush

If anyone’s interested the TV Blackbox podcast had a really good, in-depth interview with Nine’s head programmer and head scheduler on the new channel launch.

9Rush is here in Darwin also with MPEG2 SD according to my TV.

9Go! on 99 has vanished again. Same thing happened when 9Gem HD launched here. I’m not sure why.

1 Like

the what

1 Like

Whoops, typo mixed with autocorrect

2 Likes

9Rush is either going to be the best or worst Birthday present i’ll ever get.

2 Likes

we used to have 9Life in Renmark until WIN got rid of it, had some good shows that were worth watching on it. We still don’t have stations from the Seven network like the horse racing and Flix

2 Likes

TVTonight is saying that 9Rush won’t launch in Newcastle - Northern NSW

Which is curious as Nine owns the station there via NBN

3 Likes

With Nine now having to allocate resources to five proper multi-channels, I wonder if we’ll see other channels pulled-back in terms of promos, marketing, content, etc.

As when 7food Network launched, a considerable amount of investment went into promoting that channel across the network, with some promos dropped or reduced for Seven’s other multi-channels.

3 Likes

9Rush is a joint-venture with Discovery, I don’t think content is going to be an issue (yet). Hamish Turner seems adament about 9Rush being movie-free, let’s see how long that lasts :wink:

7 Likes

Well 7 said that 7flix would be mostly movie channel and looked how that turned out.

4 Likes

Another example is ONE when it first came out

2 Likes

Interesting given NBN have been running the 9RUSH promos

5 Likes

Probably misplaced in playout from Sydney?

2 Likes

Just had the promo for 9Rush on Nine Loxton

4 Likes

It appear on my Samsung without doing a new scan :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

My old Panasonic prompted me to rescan tonight. Found 1 new channel 9Rush.

2 Likes

Same for my Panasonic TV last night.

2 Likes

Same for me!

Some caps of the loop that is currently airing before the channel launch tomorrow.

14 Likes

Bit rates (video + audio) with the loop now running - average over 6-7pm hour.

Ch Mbps
Nine 2.64
9HD 3.61
9GEM 2.35
9Go 2.30
9Life 2.89
9GEM HD 4.35
9Rush 3.10

9Rush has the nighest bitrate of Nine’s SD channels. 9HD looking very low for a HD channel.

7 Likes